Chapter 131: End of the Line 1/4

CJ walked through the hallway on the search for his brother.

"Hey Sweet!" CJ called.

"Wassup?" Sweet said, emerging from the bedroom.

"It's time for Smoke," CJ told him.

"Alright," Sweet agreed, packing his tech nine. "Let's roll."

"The Johnson brothers fittin' to take that fat fool down," CJ replied as he and his brother walked out the door.

This was it! CJ was finally going to confront his former friend in the crackhouse. He had already eliminated one traitor of the gang, and now it was time to give Big Smoke a piece of his mind. He and Sweet hopped inside the car as CJ drove slowly through the anarchic streets of Los Santos. It has been seven days, and nothing has changed since then. But hopefully, CJ, Sweet, and the rest of the Grove Street Families would change that once they finally got back at Big Smoke and Tenpenny, especially the latter.

"So I just got info that Smoke's now in East Los Santos, right?" Sweet asked.

"Yeah," CJ responded. "Me and Bear confronted the high-ranking member of the Russian Mafia and he gave me the info, right on the edge of Los Flores – some old apartments and a warehouse."

"Well that fool's as good as dead then," Sweet said.

"Yep," CJ replied. He then looked around the vehicle as he continued driving. "Damn Sweet," he complained. "Can't believe you bought that same bucket ass car, man!"

"Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it," Sweet replied.

He then looked around the riotous neighborhood. "So this is it, huh?" Sweet asked his brother. "Grove Street here sorting this shit out. You nervous?"

"Yeah!" CJ admitted.

"Me too, bro," Sweet replied. "Me too."

CJ didn't even try to hide it, as he heard his heart thumping hard. Not only was he nervous of what was going to happen to him, he was a bit hesitant that he had to take on his former friend, the guy he considered one of his closest friends. He continued to drive through the streets and finally made a right turn to East Los Santos. The memories brought everything back. He thought about driving Big Smoke to Los Flores to collect some weed from the Vagos. He thought about how he helped OG Loc chase down Freddy, who apparently raped him while he did his stint in prison. The riots were still going on around the area, and CJ finally spotted the warehouse up ahead.

While preparing to take out Big Smoke, Sweet pulled out his Desert Eagle. CJ then turned to Sweet.

"Look," CJ told Sweet. "I know you down for this, but I gotta go face Smoke myself."

"What?" Sweet asked.

"That fat sucka played me, Sweet!" CJ told him. "Looking back at our misadventures since the day I returned, it all became crystal clear to me – the way he was in Moms' house while you, Kendl, and Ryder were at Moms' funeral, how he moved into Idlewood, that long order at Cluckin' Bell to give the Ballas enough time to ride to the hood while we was away, C.R.A.S.H. in and out his house, that ambush at the meeting to reunite Seville Boulevard and Temple Drive at the Jefferson hotel, and none of that even mention the bullshit he was talking to me. Those hints were thrown in our faces, and like a bunch of dumbasses, we let it all fly over our heads. To find out he organized the hit on our Moms was what really hit me. He played me. Along with Tenpenny, he played us all."

"I know, bro," Sweet replied.

"So I have to do this," CJ told him. "I fucked everything up. I let Brian die. I ran out on my family when they needed me the most. So this is not just for you or the rest of the Grove, but for Brian and Moms too."