Chapter 96: Explosive Situation

CJ woke up the next morning, although he still remained in bed. He looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was only 5:43 AM. As he lay on the mattress, CJ thought about his past. He pictured his friends and sister working back at the garage in San Fierro. He pictured Sweet waiting outside of the prison in Los Santos thanking him for freeing him. He pictured C.R.A.S.H. standing by the donut shop waiting for him. He even pictured Big Smoke sitting at his house enjoying his food while counting his money. It was all coming back to him. He just couldn't get it out of his mind.

After a few seconds of thinking, he got up and looked at the window. The sky was still dark with a tiny amount of light blue glow on the bottom. The streets were slightly empty, and the lights were gradually flickering off. This was the perfect day to see Woozie and the other Triads back into the casino. So he got dressed into some clean clothing and headed out of the door.

As he got outside, the streets were permeated with fog in the cold air. There were very few cars stirring around the street of The Strip. CJ spotted his vehicle parked up front and hopped inside. He started the engine and drove through The Strip on his way to the Four Dragons Casino up ahead. As he parked in front of the building, he hopped out of the vehicle and walked inside the building.

As he made it inside, he went into the room to the left side, where Woozie was playing mini golf. He made a putt while Guppy placed the cup to make sure that Woozie got a hole-in-one.

Woozie chuckled. "The glorious sound of a hole-in-one!" he said.

"Great shot, boss," Guppy told him.

"Thanks," Woozie replied.

"Not bad, Woozie," CJ chimed in, entering the room.

"So the Sindacco Family was behind the attempts to sabotage our venture," Woozie said. "I wonder why it's only them and not the others."

"Probably ain't just them," CJ told him. "Rule of the streets: don't snitch."

Woozie handed CJ the golf club and the latter tried his hand in the mini golf game. "What we need...is to hit the mafia casino," CJ decided. "Yeah, go jack the place."

"Hey, hitting a casino isn't like gangbanging - it's a whole different league!" Woozie reminded.

"Yeah, you're right," CJ agreed. "It'll take some planning, but I'm down. Shit, I always wanted to pull a heist."

CJ made a putt himself, but Guppy moved it away so that he would miss.

"What the - ?" CJ cried out in shock.

"Bad luck," Woozie declared. "Listen. You're gonna need a crew and some special equipment."

"Yeah," CJ muttered. "It'll take some explosives. Always got to blow up shit to pull a heist."

"You know what?" Woozie told him. "There's an open cast mine southwest of the city limits. They must have explosives."

"I'll go peep it out," CJ said, handing Woozie back his golf club as the latter continued his game.

CJ exited the room and out the front door of the casino. He hopped into his vehicle and drove straight. He drove up ahead and made a sharp right turn on the Julius Thruway South freeway, where he drove straight down until he finally exited the freeway in Blackfield Intersection. He drove straight down until he finally turned to the right of Bone County to reach the Hunter Quarry.

CJ looked down below to see that the dynamites were packed inside the boxes. He saw that the workers were set to destroy them in under three minutes, and he had to steal them quickly. So with his vehicle, CJ drove through the path that led to the quarry down below.

"Who's this asshole?" one of the workers shouted as CJ made it down below.

To his surprise, he was promptly ran over by CJ's vehicle. The other workers also took notice of the vehicle.

"Hey, you can't come down here!" another one of the workers shouted.

CJ then exited his vehicle and ran around the quarry. He spotted a gray Dumper truck up ahead. So he ran to the vehicle, hopped inside, and drove around the quarry to run over all four of the boxes with the dynamite inside, picking them up one by one.

When CJ collected all four of the dynamite before they were detonated, he attempted to escape from the quarry, only to discover that the workers had locked up the mine.

Ah shit! CJ thought. I gotta think of another way to get outta here!

CJ looked around to find someway to escape. He looked up and saw a path up ahead. Then he saw a dirt-bike parked right on the side of the small shack. So CJ hopped onto the dirt-bike and rode up hill. He followed the catwalk up ahead and scaled the top path of the quarry, narrowly avoiding the workers chasing him. It took him a while to scale to the top, but by the time he finally made it, he raced over and onto the freeway, the cold, morning fog blowing through his face.

He rode straight down the freeway until he reached Las Venturas and saw Suzie to his right standing behind his car, which had the trunk open.

"Delivery for Woozie," CJ told Suzie, delivering the dynamites to him. "Hey, be careful with that."

Suzie nodded as he stored the dynamite into the trunk of his vehicle. He then hopped into his vehicle and drove away.

CJ then looked around and saw that the sky was still a rather dark, foggy early morning. He decided that now was a good time to play some games with Woozie and the Triads back in the Four Dragons Casino. So CJ hopped onto the dirt-bike and drove the freeway all the way to The Strip, where he made a left turn and entered the casino.