Chapter 88: Flashback

The year was August 20, 1987. It was only 3:35 PM. 16-year-old me was with my 10-year-old brother Brian as we were sitting in the living room in their house. I was playing the video game titled "They Crawled From Uranus".

"Come on, CJ!" Brian cheered. "You almost got a million!"

"Quiet, B!" I hushed, trying to stay focused. "I gotta concentrate!"

I continued pressing on the buttons of the controller frantically as I played the game.

"Can I play?" Brian asked.

"In a minute, bro," I told him. "I'm getting close to getting the highest score!"

I continued destroying the aliens with the ship in the game, and after a while destroying the aliens, I finally reached the score 1,996,987,894 right before he lost his last life. It took so fucking long!

"Oh yeah!" I cheered. "I told you I reach a million!"

"I knew you could do it, CJ!" Brian cried in excitement.

After the game, I decided to put my initials on the high score list. This was a moment I was never gonna forget. Even if we finally reached the 21st century for the next 13 years, I don't think I would ever get rid of this game. I couldn't erase this high score off here. So I turned off the gaming system and the television and turned to Brian.

"Hey, Brian," I told him, "you want to go to the store on Idlewood?"

"I thought Moms said we weren't supposed to go there," Brian protested, sounding pretty uneasy because he knew what kind of trouble we would be in for.

"I know," I said. "But we just gonna grab some of those delicious Jovial Farmers candy. You like those, don't you?"

"Yeah, but what if Moms find out?" Brian asked.

"We ain't gonna tell her," I replied. "What she don't know won't upset her."

"Well, okay," Brian muttered. "I guess we can go inside the store and come out."

Moms told us to stay away from that store over at Idlewood. She said it was dangerous out there, and that we could get hurt. But me and Brian had been going to that store behind Moms' back since we was kids. So I'd figured that just one more time, we'd go for the Jovial Farmers. Those were delicious candy. My moms was asleep in her bedroom after a long, hard day at the grocery store.

I decided to have a little fun with Brian. "Yo Bri," I whispered to him, sliding behind the sofa pulling out a water pistol from underneath.

"What it is, CJ?" Brian asked me.

"You about to get blasted!" I cried, pulling out my pistol and aiming at him.

"Ah dang!" Brian yelled as the water hit him in the chest. He pretended to die and slowly fell to the ground. I walked up to him and saw that he was playing dead.

"Looks like my work is done," I said smugly. But then I was sprayed in the face by water and looked to see that Brian had a water pistol of his own.

"You can't kill me!" Brian cried out. "I'm the Super OG!"

"Well let's see how super you really are!" I told him.

Before we knew it, we both were soaking each other with our water pistols and just having a great time just laughing about all this shit. We were just fucking insane...and we enjoyed it. We had so much fun that we didn't notice Kendl walking down the stairs and we accidentally sprayed her with water. Whoops! My bad, sis!