Chapter 105: Meat Business

The next day, CJ woke up in his hotel room and quickly got out of bed. He decided to see what Ken and the two British guys were up to. It's been about a week since he last talked to them. CJ looked at his clock. It was 8:45 AM. So he got dressed and exited the hotel room.

Outside, the sun was shining very bright today. The clouds were all receding behind the shining light above the city. Las Venturas was in a beautiful condition today, and the cars were moving at a steady pace.

CJ decided to just walk to Caligula's Casino to get more exercise. He felt pumped and athletic enough to move on foot. He felt the wind blowing smoothly through his face as he steadily jogged down the street.

He finally reached the casino and entered the inside. Through the noisy casino, he walked over to Ken's room to find the former lawyer sniffing coke. He rapidly jerked his head back in exuberance.

He then started laughing wholeheartedly "Baby, I'm back, I AM BACK!" he cheered "Let's get this show on the road!" He continued to snort more coke.

"The good doctor has revived the patient!" Paul added. "Sweet as, my son, sweet as!"

"So everything's straight now?" CJ asked as he walked into the room and took a seat in another chair.

"No!" Ken shouted, jerking his hands to the side. "Absolutely not! I'm still screwed!" He hopped out of his chair. "Absolutely screwed, but at least now I'm in the right frame of mind!" he continued as he began pacing nervously. "What the fuck are we going to do? Any minute now, some Mafia bullet is going to splatter my brains all over the wall! My wall, my beautiful wall..."

"Ooh, you missed a bit," Maccer replied randomly. "I'll have that."

"Forgeddaboudit," Tony squawked loudly.

"Oh, that's a great idea, Tony," Ken told his parrot. "But you know what? It ain't going to work, OK? Not this time..."

"Look, man, relax," CJ told Ken. "Get a grip..."

"Yeah, you're right," Ken agreed. "I need to get a grip!"

"Take control..." CJ urged.

"Yes, grab the bull by the horns!" Ken added.

"And show everybody who's boss..." CJ continued, hopping out of his chair.

"I'm the boss!" Ken shouted confidently. "I-am-the-boss!"

"Alright then!" CJ said.

"All right!" Ken agreed. "Let's tear this town up!"

"That's what I'm sayin'!" CJ said as he watched Ken heading to the exit. "So, where we going?"

"Details, details!" Ken replied. "Let's just get there!"

He guided CJ to the exit, and the latter followed along.

"Rack them up, Maccer," Paul told Maccer. "What's the matter with you?"

"OK, boss man, where to?" CJ asked Ken as the two stepped outside.

"We're going to pay the Sindacco's a visit," Ken answered. "See how Johnny is, win him over with some..." He stopped to sniff. "...kind words during his convalescence."

"Oh yeah, sure, fine," CJ answered as he and Ken started walking towards the parking area. "I can take you there."

"Yeah, cool, great!" Ken replied. "We need a car."

CJ spotted a white Elegy parked just outside. So he and Ken hopped inside the vehicle and drove away.

"I've gotta get out of this game," Ken said as CJ pulled into the street and drove straight ahead. "Shit, my nose is pissing like a race horse."