Chapter 124: Secret Weapons

It has now been three days since the riot had began, and on the fourth day, everything was getting even worse. Tenpenny was still in hiding, and Big Smoke was nowhere to be seen. So the riot had still continued from there. Buildings continued to be demolished and engulfed with flames. Pedestrians were either robbing stores or beaten to death by each other. Vehicles continued to blow up after being engulfed by flames. It was really getting intense in Los Santos, and it was all because of Tenpenny.

Luckily for CJ, C.R.A.S.H. was gradually getting weaker and weaker, and with them off their backs, Grove Street would come back on top against the Ballas and Vagos. They weren't going to let some riot destroy the whole city, especially the hood. During the afternoon, CJ took a stroll through the riot, where so many bodies were lying on the ground and flames were burning around the streets. There were pedestrians carrying a bag full of materials and running off with the stolen goods.

CJ was riding his bicycle around the street viewing the riot exacerbating. He made his way through Willowfield and went through the back alleyway to Emmet's place. There, he saw the old man sitting against the wall. CJ hopped off his bike and walked over to Emmet.

"Hey, Emmet," CJ said. "What's up?"

"Greetings, Carl," Emmet replied. "Looks like I'm going out of business, boy."

"What you mean?" CJ asked. "You got your place back."

"My place," Emmet told him. "But unfortunately, the weapons still got raided, and even if I got them all back, they're still antique anyways, and none of them are useful anymore. Let's face it, boy. Times have changed. We're almost in the 21st century, and weapons have evolved. It's no longer the '60s anymore."

CJ knew that Emmet had a point. He has been selling guns since 1962, and with everything evolving in the last decade of the 20th century, his weapons were no longer useful for the current decade. But knowing how close Emmet was to the Grove Street Families during the times, CJ still felt that he should help the old man out.

"You know what?" he finally said. "You right, Emmet. Times have changed, which is why we're gonna make a change right now. I can bring you some guns right now."

"You'd do that for me, boy?" Emmet asked gratefully.

"You always been there for us, Emmet," CJ told him. "We ain't in the '60s anymore. So we gotta get with the times and supply the place with what we got this decade."

"You right, boy," Emmet said.

He then turned around and pulled out a piece of paper and pen from the storage. He started writing down the names of weapons on the paper and handed the list to CJ.

"Here's a list of the weapons I need you to pick up for me, boy," Emmet said. "They have a full crate of them on the ship by the Ocean Docks!"

CJ took a look at the list of the weapons Emmet wrote down on paper: Desert Eagle, combat shotgun, carbine rifle, assault rifles, hand grenades, satchel charges, micro SMG, SMG, flamethrower, rocket launcher, and mini-gun. CJ was rather impressed of all the weapons that Emmet was determined to get.

"Damn, pops!" CJ said. "You really are getting with the times!"

"It's the end of the 20th century, boy!" Emmet told him. "It's about time to move on up – especially in this here riot! Now run along! You got a war to end!"

"You got it, pops!" CJ said, and he turned to walk away.

CJ had to think of a way to get to the ship. He didn't wanted to attract attention from the National Guards by breaking into their warehouse in order to gain access on the ship. So he hopped onto his bike and rode through the street. He pedaled harder in order to avoid the violence around the street. Too many vehicles were getting blown to bits, and people around the streets were either severely injured or killed.