Chapter 13: Home Invasion

CJ went to Ryder's house and heard some noises in the backyard. CJ went around the house and entered the backyard to find Ryder running frantically around his backyard. CJ noticed that the stoner had dug several holes in his backyard.

"Damn!" Ryder muttered angrily under his breath. "Where the fuck...?"

"Man, what you doing?" CJ asked his stoned friend. "Digging graves?"

"Damn, where the fuck I put it man?" Ryder growled, searching through the yard.

"Put what nigga?" CJ asked.

"Man, the fucking water!" Ryder shouted furiously, giving up and rising on his feet to face CJ. "Need a little something before I go deal with things!"

"What things fool?" CJ asked.

"My homie, LB - he told me about this army motherfucker who's got all the guns we need," Ryder replied. "Not that old school Emmet bullshit either!"

"I'm down," CJ said. "Let's roll."

"Yeah, you always down, homie," Ryder said as he continued searching. "Apart from when you ain't around here."

Not this shit again, CJ thought.

"Aye, nigga, fuck you!" CJ told him.

Ryder just ignored him and continued searching with a joint in his hand. CJ just shook his head. There was no reasoning with a pothead. Ryder was a weed smoker, but he also mixed it in with PCP, which had a rather adversary effect on his attitude. This caused CJ to worry about his friend and what he might get himself into.

Seriously, what family did this nigga come from? he thought. He ain't human.

"Damn!" Ryder growled. He showed CJ his joint. "Man, you want some of this?" he asked him.

"No, man," CJ told him. "I'm cool on that. Where we going?"

"This till overlooking East Beach," Ryder replied. "Better yet, we wait until it's dark. Catch the motherfucker while he in bed."

"Yeah, I'm feeling that," CJ said..

"Yeah, yeah," Ryder said. "That's it, that's it..."

He started digging again, then turned to CJ. "C'mon nigga, what you waiting for?!" Ryder yelled at CJ. "Look!"

"Let it go!" CJ told him.

It's a good thing that fool's on the water and not crack, CJ thought.

One hour later, the sun began to set, and CJ found that there was a Boxville truck outside.

"Get in fool!" Ryder shouted at CJ hopping into the passenger's seat of the truck.

"Where'd you..." CJ started to ask.

"LB, motherfucker!" Ryder shouted. "Now get the fuck in!"

CJ complied and hopped inside the driver's seat of the vehicle and started driving.

"Where is this old motherfucker?" Ryder grunted. "Where the hell is he?"

"Relax, man," CJ told him. "We ain't there yet."

"Yeah, right, Carl," Ryder said. "You always right. That's my homie. Mr. Right."

"Shut up," CJ told him.

"You can't stop me," Ryder replied.

"Who can't?" CJ asked.

"Whatever," Ryder said, sounding uninterested.

CJ drove south down the street and finally made it to East Beach. There was the apartment of an old Vietnamese war veteran, and he had a crate full of weapons.