Chapter 112: A Home in the Hills

CJ woke up the next morning in his hotel room. This was his big moment! He was now ready to bail his brother out of jail! He couldn't wait to show Sweet his new life! He had to round up his friends to help make the last few wads of cash to finally wrap everything up before going back to Los Santos.

CJ felt his heart thumping in excitement. He got dressed in clean clothes and headed out the hotel room. Just then, he heard his cellphone ring. CJ pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Hey, Carl," he heard Kendl say. "I heard that you now owning the Four Dragons Casino. It's nice that you've moved on up."

"Oh f'sho, sis," CJ replied. "My man Woozie made me the co-owner of the casino. We making progress now."

"That's good," Kendl replied. "That's good. Glad to see you moving up."

"So how are things back in San Fierro?" CJ asked.

"Our business is still booming," Kendl told him. "Everybody's doing good here – Cesar, Lisa, the mechanics, Zero, although Ryder did leave somewhere."

"Ryder?" CJ asked. "Where he at?"

"I don't know," Kendl told him. "He's been gone since last month. I think he might be back in Los Santos or something. He's probably fine though...either that or someone eventually put his dumb ass in rehab. That's where he need to be with his half-stoned ass."

"Damn," CJ muttered. "I hope he still fine."

"He'll turn up someday," Kendl told him. "He and LB be out everywhere. Well anyway, I'll be over there at the Four Dragons Casino any moment now. Just meet me there. We can give out auditions for the casino. We need some talent there."

"Yeah, okay," CJ said. "That would be great. I'll meet you over there, sis."

CJ hung up the phone and walked outside. He couldn't wait to see his little sister after almost two months away from San Fierro. Since he already is the co-owner of the Four Dragons Casino, he could use someone else's talent. It was a nice, cool morning. So CJ decided to just walk to the Four Dragons Casino.

Hours had passed, and CJ, Kendl, and Woozie had been giving auditions to others for shows. The current one was a midget singing off-key, and the other three just shook their heads in disbelief at his performance.

"Don't hate the little man, because he's packing a 6 shooter!" the midget sang.

"Next!" Kendl announced in an annoyed voice.

"Thank you," CJ replied with a sigh.

"Thank you?" the midget snapped in disbelief. "Thank you?! Do you know how much balls it takes to stand down here and sing a song like that? It takes guts!"

"I'm sorry," Woozie apologized calmly. "We're just looking for something with a little more mass appeal."

"What could have more mass appeal than a song like "Small But Perfectly Formed"?" the midget asked, his ego growing wider. "Women want me. Men want to be like me! Assholes!"

The midget stormed away while everyone else laughed at him.

"You gotta be kidding me, right?" Kendl asked in annoyance.

"Damn!" CJ muttered. "This casino game is hard work. I thought it was just a case of opening the doors and letting suckers give you their money."

"If only," Woozie said.

"You know what?" Kendl said. "I'm getting bored here. I'm trying to do business, not audition midgets."

"People of reduced stature, you mean," Woozie replied.