Chapter 17: Madd Dogg's Rhymes

Inside Burger Shot, OG Loc was cleaning the washroom when he stopped, looked at himself into the mirror, and started to freestyle.

"Hey hey hey, it's OG Loc, homie," OG Loc announced, staring in the blank direction, imagining himself in front of the crowd, "and I'm gonna kick it a little something like this... Hey yo, when I come through up in the place, You don't want me to call with a gun in your face... I feel it harder, Than anybody in the world could do, Just like a..."

"Yo!" a man who had just exited the stall interrupted. "That shit sucks! Damn!"

He turned to leave, while OG Loc kicked the bucket in frustration. He just knew the man was right. "Damn - my shit was whack!" he said in frustration.

CJ then entered the restroom. "Hey, what's happening, Loc?" he asked.

"Hey Carl - what up, man?" OG Loc greeted giving him a handshake.

"Hey, dude," CJ told him. "You even thought about getting a writer to help you out with this shit?"

"Yeah, I did," OG Loc replied. "But who, homie, who?"

"Shit," CJ shrugged. "I ain't in the rap game, you know, that ain't my thing. But we'll have to think about something. Man."

"How about if I get somebody to write something for me, only they didn't know about it?" OG Loc told him.

CJ just stared at him sideways. "What?" he asked, bewildered.

OG Loc then laughed. "I think I just might have found a ghostwriter," he cheered. "I'll become the reciter, all nighter, all righter! Madd Dogg's rhyme book! From his home in the hills!"

"Madd Dogg's rhyme book?" CJ asked, sounding skeptical.

"Man, you said you'd help, Carl," OG Loc whined. "C'mon man. I'm hot, like fire, All nighter, All righter, When I kick it, I feel I hit it..." He started dancing like a lunatic during a failed attempt at freestyling.

"Hey hey heyeyeyey," CJ told OG Loc, trying to get him to stop dancing. "I'll do anything, homie. I swear that. OK?"

CJ walked out of the bathroom shaking his head. Was he really going to break into the mansion of a famous rapper to rob him for his rhyme book? A famous one?

CJ hopped onto his bicycle and rode off. He pedaled north of the city. The cars on the road were moving rather steadily, and CJ spotted a navy blue lowrider playing "Rump Shaker" by Wreckx-N-Effect on high volume. The sky above the city was a reddish orange evening.

CJ pedaled all the way up the hill, where he saw that Madd Dogg's crib was pretty high up. It was a white mansion sitting all the way on the tip top of Vinewood. CJ felt his legs ache as he continued pedaling. Sweat was dripping on his forehead and soaked his T-shirt. It was a hassle to ride his bicycle all the way up the hill.

How does this rapper stand scaling the hills here? CJ thought.

CJ stared straight ahead to see a slope leading to the entrance of the mansion. Sighing in relief, he pedaled as quickly as he can up the slope and finally made it to the door. CJ parked the bicycle adjacent to the door and hopped off, entering the front of the mansion.

As CJ finally made it inside Madd Dogg's crib, he knew that he had to stay silent about this. Because if the guards saw him around, they'd attempt to kill him for breaking and entering.

So as he crept through the front, CJ made his way behind the first guard, who was oblivious to his presence, and hid behind a plant to the left side. CJ watched as the guard then turned around and started walking towards the entrance.

CJ then continued to creep his way through the hallway, making a left turn as the guard was still oblivious to his presence, and went straight to find another room with a swimming pool inside. He quickly hid behind the pillars as another guard walked through the room.

As CJ made it out of the room, he saw that another guard was coming. So he looked to his left to find two dark rooms and hid inside one of them. CJ watched as the guard started to enter and walked through the hallway.

CJ snuck past the third guard as he slowly crept out of the room and crept through the hallway, making a left turn. As he made it through the bar to the left, he viewed one guard standing behind the counter while the other one was playing video games inside a nearby living room.

"This shit sucks!" the guard playing the video games shouted at the game. "I mean, how could Refractions mess up so bad? Tanner, you suck ass!"

CJ ignored the two guards as he crept under the counter and sofa in the living room and continued creeping through the hallways, making a right turn.

Through the hallways, CJ saw the recording room up ahead and finally came across Madd Dogg's rhyme book. CJ hesitated slightly. He didn't plan on ending the career of a famous rapper, but he did it for his friend.

So CJ took a furtive look around the hallway outside and quietly grabbed the book. He snuck his was to the other end of the hallway, where there was a kitchen downstairs and a dining room right next door.

CJ quietly crept up the stairs and walked slowly through the hallway, which had so many doorways to many bedrooms on the side.

Man, this guy has a fancy ass crib, CJ thought. Can't believe he uses this book for his rhymes.

After a while, CJ finally made it to the backdoor and quietly exited the crib. He quickly ran to his bicycle that was on the other side of the mansion and hopped on, pedaling it with the rhyme book down the slope of the driveway of Madd Dogg's crib.

CJ didn't turn back. He had successfully got the rhyme book out of Madd Dogg's crib without attracting the guards' attention, and he wasn't about to see if any of them found out afterwards.

CJ pedaled through the city of Los Santos and finally made it back to Burger Shot, where OG Loc was just waiting for him outside. CJ hopped out of his bike and showed OG Loc the rhyme book.

"Hey Loc, I got what you wanted," CJ said, giving Loc the rhyme book.

"Holmes, you ice cold, dude!" OG Loc congratulated, giving CJ a handshake.

"Hey, I'll catch you later," CJ told him, walking away.

"Peace, homie!" OG Loc called back, walking back to Burger Shot with the rhyme book in his arms.

CJ started to walk away, having qualms of how Madd Dogg's career would turn once he discovered his rhyme book was missing. He hoped he didn't have to deal with any more of OG Loc's schemes again after that.

CJ didn't have any time to think about OG Loc's scheming. He had just heard his cellphone ring and pulled it out of his pocket to answer.

"What's hanging?" CJ answered.

"Don't try and hit me up with that ghetto babble, boy!" he heard Officer Tenpenny scold him.

"Officer Tenpenny!" CJ cried out in surprise. "How'd you get my number?"

"Ways and means, you piece of shit!" Tenpenny told him. "You been trying to avoid me?"

"No sir," CJ replied flippantly. "I am just busy, that's all."

"You're not busy unless you're doing something for us, you understand?" Tenpenny demanded.

"Yeah," CJ responded in a caustic tone of voice. "Loud and clear."

"Nice to hear Carl," Tenpenny replied. "Call in to the doughnut place in the middle of Market. We need to talk."

CJ let out a hard sigh. What the hell Tenpenny want from me this time? He thought.

He didn't want to question it anymore. He just took a deep breath, hopped back onto his bicycle, and rode off.