Chapter 127: Hood Rat

It now has been hours since Grove Street has taken over as many territories from the Ballas and Vagos as possible. CJ felt his heart thumping. He was very determined to search for Big Smoke and Tenpenny and get back at the two for all they had done, especially the latter since he was responsible for the riot in the first place.

CJ was just about to head back to Grove Street when he heard his cellphone ring. So CJ pulled the cellphone out of his pocket to answer it.

"Yeah?" CJ answered.

"Yo CJ, it's LB," he heard LB answer.

"What's up, LB?" CJ greeted.

"Yo I got something important to tell you," LB told him. "So you better get over here real quick."

CJ didn't say another word. He just stored his cellphone back into his pocket and continued walking down the street. It had to be important for LB to want him to see him right away. Plus LB had been very helpful with CJ and the Grove Street even before he had even met him in person. So CJ decided to just swing over to LB's place to see what he wanted this time.

CJ walked through the riotous streets and made his way to Playa del Seville. There, he saw that the street was stable and no longer riddled with anymore guards or police. So it looks like Seville Boulevard were still going strong at this point. Up ahead was LB and Ryder in front of LB's porch. Ryder walked up to CJ ready to greet him.

"What's happenin', Ryder?" CJ said, giving his friend a handshake.

"Straight," Ryder answered. "Yo LB got some inside information to spill to us!"

"What's up, LB?" CJ said. "Y'all straight?"

"Almost," LB told him. "My gang is definitely poppin' heads again, and now that C.R.A.S.H. has lost many of its guys and are getting weaker by the minute thanks to you and the Grove, we free to take over the neighborhood!"

"I know, man," CJ said. "Now we can finally see where Smoke hiding at and tear Tenpenny apart."

"Hold on there, CJ," LB told him. "That was only the good news. This is the part where I have to tell ya the bad news."

"Bad news?" CJ asked. "What's the bad news?"

"I got something to tell you," LB told him. "We're fucked, man!"

"What you talking about?" CJ asked, confused.

"I just discovered that there's a rat in the 'hood!" LB answered. "He was working undercover, and he's sending info to C.R.A.S.H. to show them all the shit that you and your gang did to weaken the system. Now he's gonna expose us all, and C.R.A.S.H. is gonna send the whole army after us!"

"Aww shit!" CJ groaned.

"He got the evidence on camera too," LB continued, "and he's making his way to Pershing Square to expose everything on tape!"

"Shit, shit, shit!" CJ shouted as he kicked a bucket towards the porch. "If he send that video to the police, they'll send the whole army against us and lock us all up for good! Then we'll never get a chance to search for Smoke, and Tenpenny will get away with all of this! Goddamn!"

"That's why you and Ryder gotta hunt down that rat before he exposes the evidence to the cops," LB said. "His place is in the apartments of East Beach, and he's developing those photos right now! So y'all gotta run over to his place and make sure he doesn't make it to Pershing Square."

"I'm on it, LB!" CJ replied. "We gotta bounce!"

CJ and Ryder then hopped into Ryder's Picador and drove through the streets. They looked around the city to find more pedestrians running around carrying bags of stolen goods and electronic material.