Chapter 114: Home Coming

It was a long ride for CJ. It took him twenty minutes to finally get back to Madd Dogg's mansion. The rain had finally stopped, and it was now 12:10 AM. Madd Dogg had fallen asleep in one of his bedrooms, as were the two Britains, and CJ was lounging back in the sound studio talking to someone on the cellphone.

"I don't care 'how', I care 'when'," CJ answered on the cellphone. "As in 'now'. You hear me?"

Just then, a hand grabbed the phone from behind. "Hey, man, what the- ?" CJ cried angrily as he rose out of his seat and turned to who took the cellphone from him from behind.

He turned to see Mike Toreno staring at him stoically as he set the phone onto the counter and leaned against the sound equipment system.

"Hello, boss man," Toreno said nonchalantly. "Taking care of business, I see."

"Toreno, fuck you," CJ snapped. "I almost lost my life out there for you, and right when I really needed your help, you hung up on me!"

"Hey, I wasn't going to get shredded along with you," Toreno replied dispassionately. "Alright, enough querulous conversations and more listening. I've just got one tiny little thing for you to do, then I'm out of your life forever."

"Ah what is it this time, Toreno?" CJ asked, glaring at him. "You gonna have me hijack a moving rocket through the stars? Or have me fly up in space to blow up the moon with a stick of dynamite?! You know, anything that can kill me?! Some shit like that?!"

Toreno just laughed. "Come on, Carl," he told CJ. "Don't you know missions like that are impractical? Does the sentence "tiny little thing" mean anything to you? Don't be ridiculous, OK? Hey, I got a little surprise for you here. You ready for this? Huh? Answer it."

He pointed at the cellphone sitting on the counter, which suddenly rang. CJ stared at the phone for several seconds and finally picked it up to answer it

"Hello?" CJ answered.

"Carl, it's me, Sweet," he heard Sweet answer all of a sudden.

CJ was so excited to hear his brother again that his expression quickly altered from peeved to ecstatic. "Aw, Sweet!" CJ said, sinking back onto his chair, determined to finally pick up his brother.

"I don't know what happened," Sweet replied. "They just released me. No idea what's going on, but I'm in the square outside the precinct in Commerce."

"Alright, you hold tight," CJ told his brother. "I'll be right there."

"Alright," Sweet said.

So CJ hung up and hopped out of his seat to face Toreno. "So, what was that little job you was talking about, Toreno?" CJ asked eagerly.

"I just want you to go pick up your brother," Toreno answered. "Get out of here."

"Okay," CJ said.

He started to leave, but Toreno stopped him. "Oh, one last thing, Carl," he added. "If you're wondering why Sweet's still alive, I was the one who called Tenpenny after our little discussion of when I had you sent over to the desert to protect the Leviathan that time. I left Tenpenny an anonymous message, telling him that if Sweet were to even have a single facial hair touched on him by him or anyone else in that cell, I will sic the FBI on him to shred the asshole to pieces."

"For real?!" CJ asked.

Toreno nodded. "It's like I said, kid, I need him alive just as much as you do. I told you I would get your brother out of jail, and I stuck with that promise. Also, there's just one question I have to ask you, CJ?"

"Yeah?" CJ asked. "And what's that?"

"Have you come across anyone else in the rehabilitation clinic back over in Las Venturas?" Toreno asked.