Chapter 14: OG Loc

The next day, CJ woke up. He thought about what Ryder told him, and while he wasn't above committing numerous crimes, he wasn't so sure if he would go so far to breaking into other people's houses to steal their material. Plus, there wasn't really much he wanted to even steal anyway.

CJ got out of bed, picked his preferred clothes, went into the bathroom to take a shower, and got dressed in a green flannel shirt over baggy brown khaki pants and green Chuck sneakers.

CJ headed to the door and grabbed his bicycle inside the garage and pedaled all the way to Idlewood. As he made it to Big Smoke's house, he hopped off the bike and ran to the front porch.

CJ knocked on Big Smoke's door and waited a few seconds for him to answer. He then heard noises from the side of the house and walked over the side to see Sweet and Big Smoke walking from the back door having a conversation.

"Yeah, you know Jeffrey's been somebody's bitch for the past three weeks, right?" Sweet told Big Smoke.

"I know!" Smoke agreed.

CJ watched as Sweet and Big Smoke walked up to the front. CJ noticed them both and vice-versa.

"Hey," CJ greeted the two.

"Hey, CJ!" Big Smoke greeted back.

"Hey, what's up, CJ?" Sweet added.

"Whassup?" CJ replied.

"Whassup, man?" Big Smoke told him. "Wanna go to prison?"

"What?" CJ asked.

Sweet just chuckled at Big Smoke's joke. "Nah... To pick up Jeffrey," Sweet replied. "He's touching down today. You wanna roll?"

"Yeah, for sure," CJ agreed, stepping off the porch. "What's Jeffrey doing locked up, anyway?"

"We'll talk about that later, man," Big Smoke told him. "Let's roll, we're late."

The three entered Smoke's Glendale, with CJ taking the wheel, and drove away to the police station.

"Good to hang with you, brother," Sweet told CJ. "I'm sorry I can get a little tense."

"Don't worry about it," CJ replied.

Big Smoke began to laugh. "Hey," he said. "It ain't Jeffrey no more, it's O-G-Loc!"

"O-G-Loc?" CJ asked.

"Oh yeah, he's a real gangsta now!" Sweet replied sarcastically.

CJ just scoffed. "I see," he muttered. "And what'd he do?"

"Anything he could get thrown in jail for," Big Smoke answered as CJ drove through Commerce road. "For his career. Joyriding, parking fines or some other bullshit!"

CJ finally made it through Pershing Square, where he parked right in front of the police station. Standing at the station was Jeffrey, who was posing as if he was a hardcore thug ready to fight someone at the boxing ring.

CJ, Sweet, and Big Smoke all scoffed at Jeffrey's pathetic attempt to represent the gangster life of the three gangsters and Ryder.

"Hey, there that fool go," Big Smoke announced.

"Look at this fool, man..." CJ murmured, shaking his head, "Perpetrating like he bangin'..."

"...Think he hard..." Big Smoke added.

CJ, Sweet, and Big Smoke exited the car. "...Man, I tell you..." CJ said.

"I know that fool can't be serious," Big Smoke said as Jeffrey grabbed his briefcase and walked up to the trio. He started to give CJ some dap.