Chapter 110: Saint Mark's Bistro

CJ woke up the next morning to look at his clock. It was now 6:07 AM. With one less dirty cop to worry about, he had almost finished what he had to do in Las Venturas. Tonight was the time to perform the heist, and as soon as they were finally finished, CJ would finally get the money to bail Sweet out of jail. He felt his heart pumping. He couldn't wait to see his brother's face again after almost three months.

He had just gotten dressed when he heard his cellphone ring on the nightstand. He picked it up to answer it.

"You've hung us out to dry, I know it," he heard Ken say over the phone.

"Rosenberg?" CJ asked.

"Yeah," Ken answered, suddenly sounding cheerful. "Soon-to-be-buried-with-concrete-shoes-in-a-shallow-grave-in-the-desert Rosenberg, I'm surprised you remember!"

"Hey, man, look," CJ told him. "I ain't forgotten you all, just hang in there."

"Easy for you to say," Ken complained. "This Salvatore guy might whack me at any moment!"

CJ just sighed. He put away his cellphone and headed out of the hotel. As he got outside, CJ hopped into a green Blade parked just outside The Strip and drove straight down to Caligula's Casino.

As he made it there, he parked outside and made his way inside. He made his way to Ken's room, where he spotted Sal helping Maria flick a knife.

"Just feel the weight of the weapon, sweetheart," he told her.

"I can feel the weight of someone's weapon!" Maria replied caustically.

"Hey," Sal protested. "You're the one to blame on that front."

What Sal was doing was teaching Maria how to toss a knife onto a board against the wall that Maccer was tied to. "Can I fucking go now or fucking what?" Maccer asked impatiently.

Sal didn't bother looking at the Britain. Without making eye contact, he tossed the blade to the board, and the blade's edge hit the board right below Maccer's crotch.

"Oooh!" Maccer shouted. "You fucking twat! Right in the fucking happy sack!"

"Perhaps you'll be cured of your little anti-social condition, mate," Paul told him.

As he walked over to untie Maccer, CJ walked into the room, and Sal took notice.

"Carl, my man!" Sal greeted.

"Mr. Leone," CJ greeted back.

"Looks like this piece of shit was right," Sal said, pointing at Ken, who was sitting right on the couch on the corner. "You did a real number on those Forelli losers. Now it's time the Forellis found out what it means to screw with Salvatore Leone! How would you like to hit the St. Mark's Bistro?"

CJ took a second to think about it. "A hit in Liberty City?" he asked. "Cool, but I'm gonna need some back-up."

"Take who you want," Sal told him, gesturing his hand around the room.

"Well, I usually use these two," CJ said, pointing at Paul and Maccer.

"Heh-hey!" Ken chimed in, jumping out of his seat. "Remember all those jobs we did together, huh? Huh? You and me, Carl, remember, huh? You know, you used to call me 'Killer' Ken? Ken the Killer? Killer? Ice Cold Ken... that's me."

"And him too, I guess..." CJ muttered dryly.

Looks like the heist is gonna have to wait another day, CJ thought.

A few minutes later, CJ was speaking with Paul, Maccer, and Ken outside of the casino, and Ken was prepared to drive away in a car. Paul was in the back seat, and Maccer was standing just outside.