Chapter 82: Pool 69

The next morning, CJ woke up to check his clock. It was 9:30 AM. He had been sleeping late so far. It was a good sleep for him though. He had fun last night and never woke up a satisfying man. So CJ took a shower, got dressed in clean clothes, ate breakfast, and headed out of the door.

He decided to go see Lisa, to see what she was up to. So he hopped inside his car and drove through the rode. It was another nice morning today. The sky was devoid of any cloud in the sky. The sun shone brightly with yellow-white colors. The other vehicles drove smoothly on the road.

CJ could feel his heart thumping. He had never felt so nervous around Lisa and wondered what changed. Maybe it was the fact that she had grown into a beautiful woman. Not that she wasn't cute to begin with,  as CJ had even had a secret crush on her as a child, but CJ never thought it was enough for him to suddenly become nervous whenever he would either be around her or think about her.

CJ didn't think too deeply about it though. He just contacted driving until he pulled up in front of Lisa's house in Calton Heights. He hopped out of his vehicle and walked up to the front, knocking on the door in the process.

"Come in!" he heard Lisa call out from the inside.

CJ opened the door and walked down the hallway. The white walls were designed with blue butterflies, and the beige carpet was immaculate. CJ continued walking straight down the hallway, making a left turn to the living room, where Ryder was lounging on the sofa behind the staircase listening to Lisa's stern lecture while "Love No Limit" by Mary J. Blige was playing on the radio. There was a poster of TLC's album cover design on the wall above the couch, as well as a prolific number of butterflies around the walls. There was a brown nightstand on one end of the couch, with a lamp with a red lampshade designed with colorful butterflies, and a television against the other side of the wall.

Man, this girl's literally giving me butterflies, CJ thought.

CJ opened the door and walked down the hallway, making a right turn to the living room, where Ryder was lounging on the sofa listening to Lisa's stern lecture while "Love No Limit" by Mary J. Blige was playing on the radio.

"Seriously, Lisa," Ryder complained to his sister, "you just too bossy. You always telling me what to do when I'm grown."

"Hey, I'm just making sure you don't do any dumb shit," Lisa replied. "That's what I can't stand about you, Lance. You always have that stubborn ass attitude and never take any time to think your actions over, because you're too much of a dumbass to cooperate and take anything seriously. Maybe if you didn't smoke that wet to begin with and grow a fucking brain for once, you wouldn't be called out on it. This is the main reason I stopped talking to your ass once I moved out of Grove Street!"

"I'm grown," Ryder replied. "I can do whatever the fuck I feel."

"See, that's exactly what I'm talking about," Lisa told him. "You're too damn incorrigible to be reasoned with. You're like a grown man version of Khalil from Bebe's Kids."

"Hey, don't compare me to some annoying character in that shitty movie!" Ryder growled, lowering his feet on the floor.

"Too late, asshole," Lisa replied. "Your attitude is just as shitty as that movie. There's this thing called growing the fuck up. You should try it. Honestly, sometimes, I feel so embarrassed to be related to you!"

"Well that's one thing we have in common," Ryder told his sister. "That makes two of us." Lisa just glared angrily at him.

CJ walked in just in time. "'Sup?" he greeted the arguing siblings.

"What's crackin', CJ?" Ryder greeted, giving CJ some dap.

"How you doing, Carl?" Lisa replied, giving CJ a hug. He smelled the strawberry scent on her again and started to blush.