Chapter 86: Interdiction

It was now 4:46 PM. It has been a great month for CJ so far. He wiped out every gang on San Fierro, he bought a car showroom, he got the design of the garage painted, and he got to spent time with Lisa. He still had some unfinished business to take care of in Los Santos, and Sweet was still locked up. So he wasn't done quite yet.

Just then, he heard his cellphone ring. So he pulled it out of his pocket to answer it. It was Toreno. CJ had been so busy having the time of his life in San Fierro that he completely forgot about Toreno.

"Here," Toreno answered coldly. "Now, don't screw around!"

"What an asshole!" CJ muttered.

He hopped onto the parked vehicle and drove onto the road. As he drove Downtown, he made his way onto the Garver Bridge and exited the intersection from the freeway. He saw the cabin up ahead and parked the vehicle up front. He hopped out of the vehicle and walked towards the cabin.

There was Toreno, sitting inside his office speaking to his radio transmitter. "Roger that, Big Monkey," he replied through the transmitter. "I got a 13-6 fat vulture. Need to acquire a drowning baby. Over!"

He turned to see CJ walking to his right and held a hand in front of him before the latter had a chance to speak.

"In 15 by the fat moon," Toreno replied through his transmitter. "Break you heart. Over and out."

Toreno then rotated the chair he was in to face CJ. "Carl," he started to say, "I need you to do me a favor..."

"Yeah, I'll do you a proper injury, man," CJ interrupted. "What you knowing about my brother?"

"Relax," Toreno replied, chuckling calmly. "He's in prison up state. D Wing. Cell 13. To the left I got a serial killer, who wants to rip his throat up. To the right of him I got a white supremacist, who wants to eat his heart, to be precise. Now don't worry. Tenpenny and Pulaski are really relatively benign. Unless of course you're a family member of Officer Pendelbury, whom they shot when he threatened to expose them. But, you do know all about that, right?"

"Damn," CJ replied. "Hey, man, how you know all this stuff, man, and why don't you stop it?"

"You just don't understand, do you, kid?" Toreno told CJ. "It's all white knights and heroes. We have to make decisions, kid. You know, I try to set bad people on other bad people. And sometimes, I let good guys die. He's your brother, but to me, he's just collateral. It's a very delicate decision. Over here, you got all the scumbags inside the country, and over here, you got all the scumbags outside the country. And me and my colleagues, we're the fucking pivot. Keep the government in work."

CJ then learned that despite knowing everything that has happened in the past month, Toreno did nothing to solve it and would much rather have others do the work themselves. CJ knew he had to take matters in his own hands if he wanted to reach his goal. So he had no choice but to comply to Toreno's demands.

"Which reminds me," Toreno continued as he showed CJ a map, "come here... I need you to head over HERE in the buggy outside. Okay, okay, let off a flare. We got some precious cargo needs collecting."

"Hey, hold up," CJ interrupted again. "What about my brother and all that shit you was talking about?"

"Hey, hey, don't worry," Toreno promised. "Sweet's just fine. He gets touched, a prison guard goes home and finds that his wife and kids have been murdered. Everything's under control. We'll talk later. Now, come on, get outta here."

CJ didn't say another word. He just walked away and hopped into a BF Injection outside. He drove on the dirt road and across the bridge. Through Tierra Robada, he drove up a mountain to his right and made his way onto the road up top, which he rode across and through a bridge over the Sherman Dam. He finally made it to Las Brujas in Bone County, which was replete with huts. He parked the vehicle and hopped out, approaching one of the huts with a loudspeaker.

"Jesus, what took you?" he heard Toreno ask through the loudspeaker.

"Toreno!" CJ called. "Where you at?!"

"Miles away!" Toreno replied through the loudspeaker. "No time for niceties, kid. Choose a vehicle, grab the equipment I provided, get to that drop zone, and wait for that package!"

So CJ grabbed a rocket launcher, hopped onto a Sanchez, and rode it up the mountain. The path was getting slightly steeper as he rode higher. After a while of riding, CJ finally made his way on top of Arco de Oeste and lit a fire on top.

"That's our cargo arriving now!" Toreno announced through another loudspeaker by an abandoned shack.

"Jesus!" CJ groaned. "Will you stop the doing that?"

Just then, a Leviathan arrived just in time, only for two black Mavericks to emerge as well. CJ pulled out his rocket launcher prepared to shoot the choppers.

"Shit!" Toreno shouted. "Pilot says he's got the trouble, two agency choppers coming on an intercept. Can you see them?"

"Yeah!" CJ replied, aiming for the two Mavericks.

"Shoot 'em down!" Toreno demanded. "Protect the cargo at all costs!"

So CJ aimed for each Maverick and started firing. It took a few shots, but he finally brought each of them down. He was about to celebrate, only for two more choppers to come around, attempting to take down the Leviathan. So CJ aimed carefully for the two choppers, which were zooming by fast. CJ had to take both of them down as the pilots on each chopper shot at the hovering Leviathan using AK-47s. CJ aimed for one of the choppers and pulled the trigger of his weapon, blowing it down. He carefully did the same thing with the other chopper and took cover as it fell down to the ground as well.

Before CJ knew it, there were two more choppers zooming around the Leviathan, which made it even more difficult for CJ to keep his aim steady. As he watched the pilots shooting at the Leviathan, he took a few steps back, aimed his rocket launcher at the two choppers, and pulled the trigger. He watched as the missile shot through both choppers and the choppers crashed down to the ground, leaving the Leviathan hovering unscathed.

CJ watched as the vehicle flew over to the other side of the mountain and dropped the contraband off as it floated in the air as its parachute popped out. CJ hopped onto a nearby Sanchez and rode down the mountain to follow the Leviathan in order to locate the contraband.

He rode through an airport called Verdant Meadows and across Bone County. He saw the contraband floating in the air by a parachute and finally caught it in his hands.

"Okay," Toreno said through a loudspeaker. "Get the package back to Las Brujas."

"Where are you?" CJ asked. "You givin' me the heebie jeebies, man!"

"Carl," Toreno told him, "I will ALWAYS be watching...or listening...or both."

CJ had no time to argue. So with the contraband in his hands, he hopped back onto the Sanchez and rode through the mountains. The dirt on the road sprayed around him as the tires of his vehicles burned through. After a while, he finally made it back to Las Brujas and delivered the contraband.

Man, glad that's over, CJ thought. Now I don't have to worry about it again.

CJ wasn't against doing missions for others, but he didn't like stressing himself out by doing something that was far beyond his intended danger. So he decide to just hop back onto the Sanchez and made his way back to Toreno's cabin.

He has to get my brother out of jail this time, he thought.