Chapter 69: High Jack

CJ looked around the land. It was a nice view. The sky was now bright blue. The sun shone brightly in the sky. The wind was blowing smoothly. The leaves on the trees were changing to brown and orange.

CJ had just got out of his seat when he suddenly heard his cellphone ring. CJ pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Yo, it's Jethro, man," he heard Jethro say over the phone. "Listen, me and Cesar have used our contacts to, like, get a wish list of cars, but we'll need to turn them around real quick, dude. Now there's a showroom around the block that's come up for sale, and I thought it would be a good idea to make things look as legitimate as possible."

"Yeah, that's a great idea, man," CJ replied. "I'm a look into it. I'ma holla at you."

So CJ hung up the phone and began to walk to the road. He walked about ten feet from the cabin before his cellphone rang a second time. He groaned loudly and pulled the ringing phone out of his pocket to answer it.

"WHO. THE. FUCK. IS. THIS!" CJ empathized in annoyance.

"Son, get back to the ranch and I'll explain everything!" he heard the mysterious robotic voice utter through the phone. "And I mean EVERYTHING!"

"Can't you just tell me now?" CJ asked. "I guess not!"

So with a deep breath, CJ turned around and headed back to the cabin at the ranch. As soon as he got to the front door, he felt a hand touching him.

"Hey, Carl," a mysterious voice said softly.

"Hey, what the fuck, man?!" CJ cried out in surprise as he turned around.

He was even more surprised when he saw who it was – Mike Toreno!

What the fuck?! CJ thought. I thought I blasted that dude from the sky! He still alive?!

"Hey, Toreno!" CJ shouted out. "I told you my bad, man!" What the hell can I say? I screwed you over!"

"Calm down, kid," Toreno told him calmly.

"Just go ahead and kill me then!" CJ shouted frantically, expecting Toreno to execute him.

"Calm down!" Toreno repeated, sounding slightly annoyed this time.

"Man, you ain't nothin' but a fucking yayo dealer anyway, Toreno!" CJ continued shouting.

"Shut up and sit down!" Toreno finally snapped, no longer sounding as if he were in the mood. CJ complied to his demands and took a seat on the steps. "What, you think I'm a drug dealer?! You think you're a crusader for good?! Do you have any idea what's going on? Any idea whatsoever? Do you? DO YOU?!" Toreno got into CJ's face in the last three sentences he spoke through clenched teeth.

"No," CJ replied sullenly. "I pay as little attention to things as possible."

"Do not be a fucking smartass with me," Toreno growled as he motioned around CJ. "I work for a government agency. It is not important which one. I will try not to confuse you. Yes, when we last met, I was involved in battling threats in Latin America, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! That does not make me a drug dealer. Now, the money that we raised, the friends that we won over, have helped us immeasurably in our overseas interests."

"Government agency?" CJ asked as if he had no idea what he just heard. He was still confused as to what Toreno was talking about.

"Kids like you," Toreno sighed, shaking his head. "You expect heroes. We're fighting a war out there. I'll be a hero and I'll lose, and what'll we have? Communism in Ohio. People sharing. Nobody buying stuff. That kind of bullshit. So relax, and listen!"