Chapter 51: Deconstruction

CJ walked around the city to take a fresh air of the evening wind. The breeze felt cool. The streetlights shone around the city. The sky was a vibrant mixed color of red and orange. He walked down the corner and crossed the street to make his way to the Doherty garage. The gas station was still empty, and as CJ walked inside the garage, he saw Cesar playing poker with Ryder and LB.

"Hey, homies!" CJ greeted.

"What's crackin' withcha, CJ?" Ryder answered, slapping CJ a high five.

"What it do, CJ?" LB greeted, also slapping CJ a high five.

"What up, Carl?" Cesar replied, returning the gesture to CJ as well.

"What's happening here?!" CJ asked.

"We playin' some poker here," LB exclaimed.

"And I just beat these two motherfuckers right here!" Ryder said as he slammed his own cards on the table. "Read 'em and weep, motherfucker!"

"Damn!" Cesar uttered. "I almost had you, holmes!"

"Ryder's always been the best at poker," LB answered. "Just be lucky he didn't bet you fo' yo' cash."

"Deal 'em again, fool," Ryder replied. "Hey CJ, you wanna join in?"

Just then, CJ heard a distant commotion outside. The voice sounded like his sister's voice, and she sounded really outraged. There were also a few voices from other men as well.

"What the hell's going on there?" CJ asked. 

As he walked outside, the other three guys followed him. They stepped outside just in time to find Kendl being grabbed by a construction worker at the construction site distantly. He was actually reaching inside from under Kendl's skirt, slowly lifting it above her lower thighs.

"Get yo' fucking hands off me, asshole!" Kendl shouted distantly, kicking the guy in the shin and yanking down her skirt as she broke free from his grip. She ran up to CJ and the other guys.

"Kendl, what the hell happened here?!" CJ asked as Kendl finally approached him up close.

"I was just walking from the store and as I came back here, those construction workers pulled me over there!" Kendl shouted furiously. "They kept on slut-shaming me just because of the way I dressed, made lewd ass jokes regarding my appearance, and the foreman of the bunch was grabbing on my ass, tried to undress me, and even threatened to choke me with his cock! He even told me that we could make this hard or easy!"

"What?!" Cesar shouted in fury. "Nobody does that to my woman, eh! I'm gonna fuck them up..."

As Cesar started to head over to the construction site, CJ quickly held him back.

"No, hold up, Ceez," CJ told his friend. "I got this. I need to go and teach them a little respect, huh?"

"Jeah," Ryder added.

"That's right," Cesar agreed.

"Show them motherfuckers who's boss, CJ," LB told him.

"I been thinking about getting me some new land anyway," CJ said as he headed over to the construction site.

There they were, bragging about how they almost had Kendl and how one of them were so close to raping her. They were all laughing and even made derogatory statements regarding Kendl's sense of fashion.

Harass my little sister, will they, CJ thought palming his right fist. I'ma show those motherfuckers what happens when they fuck with my family!

CJ finally confronted the construction workers, who took notice of him.

"Y'all been harassing my little sister?" CJ asked him.