Chapter 20: Los Sepulcros

CJ hopped out of the car and looked around the neighborhood. The hazy orange evening sky blazed about the neighborhood. CJ looked ahead to see that the Grove Street Family gangsters were rounded up.

"Carl, whassup, baby brother?" Sweet told CJ as he ran up to CJ.

"What's happening?" CJ replied, giving Sweet a handshake.

"Peep this," Sweet informed. "Tenpenny just came by. Said that one of the Ballas that you laid out, Little Weasel, is getting buried. And all of the OG's gonna be there."

"At a funeral?" CJ asked.

"Yeah," Sweet answered. "We just catch all those ball-sack-ass-niggas at one time!"

"Hey what up?" one member of the Grove Street Families in the background said to the other.

"What up, Dawg?" the other said back.

"At a funeral?" CJ reiterated.

"Just like Momma's," Sweet said as the other Grove Street Families members came together to join the two Johnson brothers and gave them a vocal greeting each. "Let's go pop these motherfuckers out. Hey, look, we gotta do something real big. Put Grove Street on the map for good. 4 life!"

"A'ight, nigga," CJ agreed. "Let's roll."

CJ was ready to ambush the impending funeral, the same way the Ballas ambushed his mother's funeral a few days prior. it was a great opportunity for him to retaliate against his rival gang.

"We're gonna need some allies," Sweet said.

So CJ recruited two members of the Grove Street Families members and they followed along to hop inside Sweet's Greenwood. CJ took the driver's seat and started the engine before he rode away. He turned on the radio to hear "T.R.O.Y." by Pete Rock & CL Smooth playing.

"We'll go around back of Los Sepulcros and sneak over the wall," Sweet ordered.

"Kane?" CJ asked, driving straight through Idlewood. "Ain't that cat Front Yard royalty?"

"Yeah," Sweet replied. "So if there's a hint of trouble, he's a no-show."

It was clear to CJ. He knew that he and the rest of the gang had to stay discreet in order to ambush the funeral. He knew that if they caused the ambush right away, Kane would be suspicious and would refuse to show up.

So CJ continued driving through Commerce street and past Pershing Square. He knew that he had to get to the funeral quickly before it even started.

When CJ finally made it to the cemetery in Vinewood, he parked the car behind the wall, and all four of the members exited the vehicle.

"This is it," Sweet told the rest of the members.

Sweet and the two gangsters climbed over the wall to the cemetery.

"OK, CJ, come on over!" Sweet called silently.

CJ followed along and climbed the wall to approach Sweet.

"Y'all take up positions, and wait for Kane," Sweet ordered the rest of the guys.

So CJ and the other two gangsters stood and waited for Kane to arrive. They were getting their weapons ready to fire at their intended target. Just then, they saw a gray Admiral slowly pulling up into the cemetery.

"Here he comes..." Sweet announced as they spotted a group of Ballas gang member exited the vehicle. One of them had on a red scully, purple hoodie, and black pants. He appeared to be Kane.

"Looks like that buster's wearing armor," Sweet called. "Might take a round or two to drop his ass. OK, CJ, you take Kane, and we'll take the rest of these fools out."

Sweet and the other three dispersed to take out the rest of the Ballas gang members while CJ chased after Kane, who attempted to escape through the exit of the cemetery. By the time CJ got close enough, he aimed his machine gun at an escaping Kane and fired at him. He watched as the bullets struck Kane in the back of his head and killed him.

"Nice one, CJ!" Sweet said as he and the other two gangsters murdered the rest of the Ballas members. "I'll get us a getaway car!"

CJ followed Sweet and the other gangsters and they all hopped into a parked Admiral.

"OK, everybody in, let's roll!" Sweet demanded.

CJ stomped hard on the gas and drove out of the cemetery as fast as he could. He didn't turn back. He knew that the police were probably going to get involved in the gang war and wasn't in the mood to deal with the LSPD. CJ sped and sped through the city of Los Santos until he finally reach Ganton on the Grove Street Families' home.

"Man, we was a force back there!" Sweet said as he and the others exited the vehicle. "Everybody go home, stay low, we ain't see each other all day, copy? I'll catch you later, Carl."

"You too, Sweet," CJ said.

Sweet and the other members entered Sweet's house while CJ headed to his mother's house. He was feeling rather confident of himself. He had saved a girl that might possibly go out with her and had weakened the Ballas by murdering both of their members. So he headed to his mother's bedroom, took off his sneakers, and plopped onto the mattress. It had been a long day for him, and it was time for him to take a rest to refuel his energy for tomorrow.

Just then, he saw his mother's ghost appearing in front of him by the doorway of the bedroom.

"Moms!" he cried out.

"Where were you, Carl?" his mother asked in an eerie tone of voice. "I've been waiting for you for five years, and you haven't called!"

"Look, Moms," CJ protested. "I'm sorry! I never expected this to happen to you! I didn't mean for any of this!"

"Join me, Carl!" his mother told him holding a knife and aiming for his chest. "Join meeeeee!" She then heaved the knife into CJ's chest.

CJ then woke up suddenly. He lifted his head from the bed and examined his chest. He looked around to find that no one was around and saw that his chest was unscathed. CJ was so haunted and remorseful of his mother's death that he began having dreams of his mother. He was already still hurt of what happened to Brian just five years ago. So without thinking about it anymore, CJ drifted back to sleep.