Chapter 100: Intensive Care

The next morning, CJ woke up in his hotel room and looked at his clock radio. It was 5:55 AM. Much too early for CJ to get up now. So he continued to lay on the bed thinking.

Once again, he pictured his sister and the others working at the garage in San Fierro. He pictured Sweet sitting in his jail cell wondering when his family was going to bail him out. He pictured Big Smoke standing proudly outside in Los Santos and having the Ballas worship him. He still didn't wanted to keep all of that off his mind. He wanted to see his brother again and get back at his former friend in order to complete his problem.

Just then, CJ's cellphone rang on the nightstand adjacent to the bed. So CJ picked up the cellphone and answered it.

"Speak on it," CJ answered.

"Awright, Carl," he heard Paul say through the phone. "It's me, Paulo. Listen, Rosie's in a tangle, and I think you're the geezer to sort it out for us, OK, sunshine? Slip 'round the office and see me, double quick!"

"Yeah, thanks, man," CJ replied. "I appreciate the opportunity."

So CJ decided to dress up and see Ken at the Caligula's Casino. He exited the hotel and hopped inside his parked vehicle. He started the engine and drove down The Strip. Ken Rosenberg seemed a complete mess to him, and CJ wasn't sure how he would be able to tolerate him considering the condition Ken was currently in.

As he pulled in front of the casino, he hopped out of the vehicle and entered the casino. As he walked through the loud casino, he made his way to Ken's room, where he saw Paul and Maccer standing in front of Ken, who was lying on the couch. The two turned to find CJ walk into the room.

"Oi, Rosie," Paul said, turning to Ken. "Liven yourself up, Carl's here."

Ken then started to wake up. "Hello," Ken greeted in an uninterested tone of voice sitting up.

"What's happenin'?" CJ replied.

"Eh, there's some top fanny down at that pool, Pabsy," Maccer blurted out randomly.

"Leave it out, dimlo," Paul snapped, annoyed by his friend's perversion. "What's wrong with you?" He then turned to Ken. "Well are you going to tell him, or shall I?" he asked Ken.

Ken hesitantly turned to CJ. "I'm really screwed," he uttered.

"Crack on, Rosie - spit it out," Paul urged Ken.

"I threw it all away. OK!" Ken finally blurted out. "I had the power, the money, the ladies... But I couldn't lay off the blow, so I went into rehab. And everything went to shit, but so what? So when I came out I started representing the Liberty City mob, again and that's how I ended up here. But not one family would trust another family to run the casino, so I was put forth as a neutral party. So now I spend my days waiting for one family to cap me and blame the other one. My only friend is a bird named Tony."

He pointed to a red parrot standing on a bird tree.

"I never fucked anyone over in my life who didn't have it coming to 'em, whahhh!" the parrot squawked.

I see why this parrot is named Tony, CJ thought.

"Shit," CJ said. "Let me think about this. You're gonna have to break it down for me real quick."

"OK, OK," Ken said as CJ took a seat on the chair adjacent to the sofa. "The Sindaccos are on the warpath. OK? I mean, something terrible has happened to Johnny. I mean, he's in a shock-induced coma at the hospital across town. Now the Forellis - they will take this opportunity to rub him out. Now if any hit between the families succeeds on my turf, I will get the axe, bullet, machete, whatever..."

"OK, OK, relax," CJ interrupted as he slowly hopped out of his seat. "I'm gonna shoot over to the hospital, and move the body or something."

"There you go, my love," Paul coaxed Ken. "Things ain't so bad, are they?"

"Badabing!" the parrot squawked.

So now this parrot is acting like Sonny from The Godfather, CJ thought. What's next? He gonna shout out "Ricky"?

CJ surmised that Johnny was the one who he strapped to the car to scare him just two days ago as he walked outside.

"So here I am, about to try and rescue some guy I've scared half to death," CJ soliloquized as he hopped back inside his vehicle. "If he wake up through all of this, I'm screwed..."

The Forelli family from Liberty City were taking Johnny away to "take care of him". So CJ drove straight down through Harry Gold Parkway and made a right turn on the Las Venturas Airport, where the hospital was right there.

So CJ parked his car in the driveway and hopped right out. He walked to the hospital's entrance and came across a receptionist

"Hello, Sir," the receptionist greeted. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I'm here to pick up Mr. Sindacco," CJ told her.

"Mr. Sindacco?" the receptionist asked. "There must be some mistake. An ambulance just picked him up."

"Oh, OK," CJ said. "Thank you for your help."

So CJ ran back into his vehicle, started the engine, and drove back onto the road. It couldn't have been too difficult for him. All he had to do was find the ambulance and he's got Johnny.

Unfortunately, for him, he saw that there were three different ambulances driving on The Strip. So CJ had to ram into each of them to see which one had Johnny inside. He rammed into the one on the end, only to discover that it was the real deal. He rammed into the one on the middle, but no luck. So it had to be the one up front.

By the time he rammed into the front one, the ambulance attempted to escape, with CJ trailing behind. The chase was intense, as CJ continued ramming against the ambulance as the two vehicles rode through the streets of Las Venturas.

When the ambulance finally crashed into a wall, the Forellis inside the vehicle finally exited the ambulance armed with SMGs.

"Alright, who's messing with Forelli business?" one of the mobsters growled as the members fired at CJ with their weapons.

"Yeah, who's got a death wish?" the guy's partner asked.

Before CJ had any time to fight with the gang members, he exited his vehicle and hopped inside the ambulance, speeding away as he left the Forelli members behind. CJ had to get to the meat factory before the Forelli family brought in backup. He heard Johnny groaning inside.

CJ just continued driving through the city on search of the meat factory. He looked around the city and his rear-view mirrors to search for any backup that the Forellis possibly have brought to send to the ambulance. The last thing he wanted to do was get Johnny killed due to a road accident thanks to the Forellis crashing in to stop the ambulance.

Finally, after driving around the streets, CJ made it to Whitewood Estates, where he saw the meat factory up ahead. He slowly backed the ambulance to the entrance, where two of the members of the Sindacco family arrived.

"Hey, Johnny, how you feelin'?" one of them called to Johnny from inside the ambulance.

Johnny just moaned loudly.

"I didn't think he was going to be discharged 'til tomorrow!" the other member said.

The two pulled out a wheelchair from the outside and hopped into the back of the ambulance. They picked up an unconscious Johnny lying on a stretcher and slowly carried him out of the vehicle and into the wheelchair.

As the Sindaccos strolled Johnny into the factory, CJ used the ambulance to drive away. As much as he wanted to work with Ken, he still had other business to take care of. So he decided to drive over to the Four Dragons Casino to see if the photos of the blueprints had been developed yet.