Chapter 41: Gone Courting/Against All Odds

CJ woke up the next morning and got dressed in some new clothes. He put on a plain white T-shirt over baggy light blue denim pants and black sneakers. As he walked outside, he pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number.

Come on, Ryder, CJ thought. You gotta pick up this time.

Unfortunately, Ryder's voice mail went off again, and CJ was becoming impatient. He was about to spend another crime spree with Catalina and he desperately needed his friend's help. As soon as the tone of the phone beeped, CJ became increasingly agitated.

"Why the hell won't you answer this damn phone?!" CJ asked vociferously. "I need yo' help, homie! I got some unstable psycho giving me a bunch of shit! Please, answer me, Ryder!"

As CJ hung up the phone and put it aside, he hopped onto the quad bike and rode up the hill in Fern Ridge right to Catalina's hideout.

CJ then took a look at the three tombstones on the left side of the hideout.

Shit, I hope those aren't three men Catalina killed, he thought.

He's only known Catalina for two days and already, he got a terrible experience on what a true psychopath was. Not even Ryder was anywhere near as crazy as Catalina. Heck Catalina actually made Ryder look more sane in comparison. With a huge sigh, CJ walked up to the porch of the hideout.

"Aye, Catalina!" CJ called as he made his was to the door. "It's Carl! Come on, let's go! We got banks to rob, baby! Come on, let's go!"

"In here, mi amor!" Catalina called back seductively.

CJ really had a bad feeling about this. He was reluctant to step a single foot inside the hideout. There was no telling what Cesar's psycho cousin had in stores for him.

"A'ight!" CJ said as he stepped away from the door.

"You get your sorry ass in here right now, Carl Johnson," Catalina demanded sternly, "or I shove a fucking hand grenade up it!"

CJ sighed annoyingly. Shit, man, where the fuck is Ryder when you need him?! CJ thought.

"A'ight, I'm coming," CJ replied as he stepped inside the hideout begrudgingly.

"Look, baby!" CJ started. "I really need that pape-"

Just then, he saw Catalina pull out what appeared to be a table. "Oh my God!" CJ cried out. "What in hell's name is that?!"

"This, you fucking prick," Catalina answered, "this is a rack! I'm gonna torture your sorry ass!"

She grabbed CJ by the wrists and reached for the strings.

"No, baby!" CJ pleaded as Catalina began tying him to the rack. "No! Please no!"

"You never write to me!" Catalina chastised. " You don't call! You treat me like a fucking whore! Like one of YOUR whores!"

As she reached for the cracking whip, CJ was now becoming apprehensive and was trying very hard not to soil himself. The last thing he needed was a psychopathic woman making a gangbanger soil his pants on either end. So as fearful he was on the inside, he had to stay tough and face it with dignity.

"No, baby, please!" CJ begged again. "I ain't into that shit!"

"I'm gonna fuck you up!" Catalina hollered.

"Oh, baby, please no!" CJ pleaded once again. "Please, baby, no!"

Before he knew it, Catalina was already whipping him with the whip.

"Ow!" CJ cried out in each whip. "Eh! Ooh! Aw! Ouch! Damn! Oh shit!"

Afterwards, Catalina grabbed him by the shoulder and began to squeeze them constantly.