Chapter 33: House Party

CJ arrived at the Burger Shot to find OG Loc in his usual attire, no longer wearing the Burger Shot uniform. He walked out and turned to the manager standing out on the front door.

"Hey, fuck you, man!" he shouted at the manager. "And I don't care what you heard, I ain't nobody's Ass Technician, bitch!"

"Hey, hey, whassup, Loc?" CJ greeted giving him a high five.

"'Technician' ain't gangsta, that's wassup!" OG Loc replied.

"I heard that!" CJ said.

"Listen, Carl," OG Loc said, "If I'm going back to a cell, I wanna have a big party first. This may be my last chance to get heard."

"Okay, so what's the plan?" CJ asked.

"Well I'm gonna slide back over to Grove Street and get those sounds bombastic-fantasic," OG Loc told him.

"Alright, so what do you want me to do?" CJ asked.

"I want you to get ready for the party!" OG Loc answered. "Then get some girls, man!"

"OK..." CJ said, sounding interested.

"Get some real fly girls, you know what I'm saying?" OG Loc told him.

"Yeah," CJ replied, grinning. "That's what I'm talking about."

"The ones in the bikinis and shit, in the videos?" OG Loc reminded. "I told you, brother, I am the chronicler of our struggle, the voice of the Families, like Moses, only keeping it real. You know what I'm saying?"

So CJ waved goodbye to OG Loc and hopped on his bicycle. The party started at 8:00 PM and he wanted to wear something nice. So as CJ pedaled his way through the city, he stopped at Pro-Laps just down Rodeo and picked out some new threads: a red-and-white Rimmers jacket, baggy blue denim pants, and white hi-top sneakers.

As CJ exited the clothing store, he heard his cellphone ring. CJ picked it up to answer it.

"Hey, CJ!" he heard Loc say over the phone. "Word up, G!"

"Hey, Loc!" CJ answered.

"This party's jumping!" OG Loc said. "We got a gang of crazy ass bitches in the house! You comin' over, homie?!"

"Uh, I don't know, man," CJ told him. "I have some plans tonight."

"But we have a big disaster!" OG Loc announced. "I won't be rapping! My mic's broken!"

"Ah, okay," CJ replied. "I'ma come over right now then."

CJ put aside his cellphone and hopped onto his bike. As he rode through the city, he searched for any gang member that might randomly shoot at him at any moment. Like Sweet said, it was crazy around where he was riding through. So CJ was able to watch his back as he rode through the city and finally back into his street in Ganton.

OG Loc's house was just right across Beverly's house, and the music was bumping loudly inside. CJ hopped off his bike and headed into OG Loc's house.

There was OG Loc standing by the DJ as he started dancing, ready to prepare himself to kick off his freestyle.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... this is me, OG Loc, in the house, baby..." he shouted. "And I'm gonna... drop it down for all my real gangsta niggaz... All of my gangsta bitches... Speaking about gangsta, look at my man CJ right there - what up, nigga? What UUUUUUUUPPPP..."

CJ just glared at OG Loc as the latter started rapping terribly. "Thought the motherfucking mic was broke..." he grumbled silently. He could not believe OG Loc had tricked him into coming to the party, and OG Loc's rapping was so awful that CJ would even admit that Vanilla Ice had more flow than him.