Chapter 72: Custom Fast Tracks

Later, CJ was seen working on the hood of Cesar's red Savanna.

"Yeah, I got it," CJ announced. "It's in the manifold."

"Shit," Cesar groaned. "I just changed that seal! Must have got a crimp in it, damn!"

Kendl later arrived and looked out through the open garage door.

"Hey, Ceez," Kendl informed Cesar, "your boy is here."

Cesar looked up ahead to see an African American bald guy wearing a white tanktop and green shorts standing outside. He was standing right beside LB.

"He ain't my boy," Cesar replied. He walked over to the guy and LB. Meanwhile, Kendl walked right behind CJ.

"Hey, we're almost living a normal life, huh," Kendl told CJ softly. "This is far from Grove Street right?"

"Yeah, I know," CJ replied in a somber tone of voice, "but I just can't get it out of the back of my mind. Moms, Sweet, Smoke – I just can't let that go."

"I know," Kendl said. "So what we going to do about Sweet?"

"It's a shitty situation, but I've got to let it play out a little longer, OK?" CJ responded.

"OK, but be careful," Kendl told him. "We ain't trying to lose you again."

"That's right, sis," CJ told Kendl. "Good looking out. I still got my homies Ryder, Cesar, and LB backing me up. So we gonna get Sweet out of jail soon."

"That's good," Kendl said. "You guys all look out for each other. I'm especially waiting for Lisa to arrive here. Hopefully, she could keep Ryder in check with his dumbass."

She began to walk away. As Cesar and LB finished talking to the man, they returned to CJ.

"Hey. Carl, I gotta rap to you, holmes," Cesar told him. "I know a guy who knows a guy who handles freight containers down on the docks."

"And he saw one of the containers was loading up cars and one was a match for a car on a customer's wish list," LB added. "So, he marked the container with the spray can, but it might be too late, the ship's loading it and it moves out tomorrow. So if we want to get our hands on those vehicles, we gotta bounce now, homie."

"Okay, let's go peep it out – see what we can see," CJ replied.

He shut the hood of the Savanna and hopped inside the driver's seat. Cesar hopped in the passenger's seat while LB got into the back.

"What, Ryder ain't coming with us?" CJ asked as he started to pull out from the garage.

"He's talking to his sister," LB said. "She wants him to remember to pick her up at the airport first thing in the morning."

"For real?" CJ asked, surprised. "Lisa's coming here this morning?"

"Yeah," LB replied as CJ made a right turn on the road. "She's gonna help remodel the garage. It's only been about a year since she moved out of Los Santos."

"Okay," CJ said. "Looks like the family's coming together after all."

"Sin lugar a duda, holmes," Cesar replied. "So anyways, how we gonna steal a car off a container ship, holmes?"

"You know, the same way they got on – use a dockside crane," CJ replied.

"Yeah," LB stated. "Like the one I used to have back at the junkyard in Los Santos – before C.R.A.S.H. tore it down after they tried to destroy our hood."

"Man, those things are real high up," Cesar moaned softly. "I ain't too good with ladders and I'm afraid of heights!"

"OK," CJ replied. "I'll use the crane, you and LB better be ready to crack the container."