Chapter 24: Management Issues

The next day, CJ was riding his bicycle around exploring his old hometown. He went to the stores, attended some clubs, and even decided to go on a date with Denise. He took her to the dance club and was able to satisfy her interest. He might have had his first girlfriend in his life.

Eventually, evening had fallen, and CJ decided to see what OG Loc was up to back in Burger Shot. So CJ rode his bicycle to Burger shot and entered the restaurant. He approached the counter to see the manager behind it.

"Hey, excuse me," he told the manager. "Loc around here?"

"Whuh?" the manager asked. "Who? You want fries with that?"

"Loc," CJ responded once again, emphasizing his words. "Is he available for coh-myoo-nee-kay-shun?"

"Who?" the manager asked once again. "Loc?"

"Man...." CJ groaned.

"Oh," the manager replied, finally getting who CJ was talking about. "You mean Jeffery! Yeah, our Appliance Technician called in sick so Jeff- LOC, he got promoted."

"So..." CJ replied.

"So, he's out back cleaning the fryer," the manager told him.

CJ walked away and snuck behind the backroom, where he spotted Loc with his elbows deep in the dirty fryer.

"Hey, what up, Loc?" CJ greeted.

OG Loc turned around to see CJ. "CJ," OG Loc cried out. "What's up, homie? Hey - my shit is so tight right now, it's about to bust!"

"So you happy now, homie?" CJ asked.

"Happy?" OG Loc asked, suddenly sounding somber. "Man, hell, no. I can't take this shit much longer. Man, I'm an artiste! I'd rather be inside! Man, I can't get a deal for nothing. Motherfuckers always wanna keep a nigga down. And that Scipio, Madd Dogg's manager, is putting it on real heavy, man. He crampin' my style for real."

"Heavy?" CJ asked. "Man, he's five foot three."

"But that fool strong," OG Loc replied. "Man, we gotta take him out. He done blackballed me, man. I can't get in the game no way. I told you I'm an artist, a communicator and nobody can even hear my message. He's going around, telling everybody I'm whack."

He ain't lying, CJ thought. Even Vanilla Ice has wittier lyrics than anything you wrote, that is if you even wrote that shit.

"Well, he obviously ain't heard your new shit," CJ told him. "That shit is outrageous."

"That's what I'm talking about, man," OG Loc said. "Down, with a frown, on the town, a sad clown." He then uttered an obnoxious, high-pitched chuckle.

"Alright, so what you want me to do?" CJ asked.

"I want you to take that motherfucker out," OG Loc told him silently.

CJ looked at him sideways to see if he had heard Loc correctly. "Kill him?" he asked.

"Well, I didn't mean date him," OG Loc said. "Listen, he's gonna be attending some awards ceremony, and that's the only time he leaves Dogg's side."

CJ just walked away shaking his head. Was OG Loc serious? Did CJ really wanted the manager of a famous rapper killed just because he didn't like OG Loc's rapping, which was undeniably terrible? As much as he wanted to help out his childhood ally, he had no intentions of murdering anyone who never had it coming. So he had to think of a way to make the death look like an accident instead.

As CJ contrived ways on how to make the murder of Madd Dogg's manager look like an accident, he hopped onto his bicycle and rode straight up to the direction to Madd Dogg's crib. As he got closer on Temple street, he heard his cellphone ring. CJ pulled it out to answer it.