Chapter 57: Ran Fa Li

As CJ finally got back into the garage, he found that no one still was around. He knew that everyone was busy. Cesar was probably taking Kendl out on a date. Ryder was continuing capping Big Smoke's lieutenants before they brought him the yay, with the help of LB. Truth was probably back at his crop getting weed from there.

So CJ decided to relax on the sofa and watched television, which was playing an episode of Ren & Stimpy on Nickelodeon. CJ spent the first few hours laughing at the antics between the chihuahua and cat. He had never enjoyed himself as much as he did with the cartoons of his childhood. He was actually beginning to like the Nickelodeon channel, as he liked every last show on the channel, included the three original Nicktoons.

After an hour of watching television, CJ decided to go to the gym. So he hopped off the couch and walked over to a parked car outside. He hopped in and started the engine before driving off on the road.

As he finally approached the gym, he parked his car up front and walked inside, where he continued to learn many martial arts moves with the trainer. He was getting a little banged up during sparring, but he got used to it and persevered in the training match. CJ was improving in his fighting skills already.

Shit, now I see how Ryder became good at martial arts, CJ thought to himself.

After the sparring, CJ decided to lift a few weights and run on the treadmill for the remainder of the hour. When he looked at his watch, it was 7:30 PM. So CJ exited the gym and hopped inside his parked car. He decided to meet up with Woozie and his allies. So he drove to Chinatown and parked his car in front of the betting shop.

CJ walked inside and walked pass the patrons shouting gleefully at a horse race. He went to Woozie's apartment door to find the Triad at the diner room having dinner at the table along with Su Xi Mu and an unknown Triad.

"Hey Woozie, my man, what's going down?" he greeted when he entered the room.

"Hey CJ," Woozie greeted back. He showed CJ the stout bald guy sitting at the table. "Let me introduce you to Shuk Foo Ran Fa Li. He heads the Red Gecko Tong on the West Coast."

"How yo doin?" CJ greeted the man. Ran Fa Li just replied with an incoherent grunt.

"Ah Ah Kung has sent word from Kowloon," Woozie surmised, "a Vietnamese crime family, the Da Nang Boys, are preparing to move to the United States. This may explain the cowardly attack on the Blood Feather Triad."

Ran Fa Li replied with a grunt.

"There may be some trouble ahead," Woozie replied as Ran Fa Li uttered another subsequent grunt.

"The Shuk Foo would like a package received," Su Xi Mu announced. "A courier has left it in a drop at the airport. It is most important to the matter at hand."

"Oh, I can do that," CJ said, and Ran Fa Li grunted once again, as if to mock CJ's request.

"He is Triad?" Su Xi Mu asked mockingly. "A Mountain Boy?"

"No," Woozie replied. "A personal friend of mine. And less likely to draw the attention of the Da Nang Boys." As Su Xi Mu stared down at Ran Fa Li, the latter grunted in agreement.

"OK," Su Xi Mu answered in a skeptical tone of voice.

"Thanks for your support," CJ answered sarcastically.

He walked out of the building and hopped inside his car.

Now I gotta drive all the way to the airport, CJ thought. Can this get any more stressful?!

As CJ started the engine, he drove through the city. The streets weren't too busy this time around, and the air was mildly cool and not too windy. The trees were also noticeably changing leaf colors, and the roads were almost inundated with a pile of leaves. CJ has a nice, smooth drive on the open road. It was the most relaxing moment he had ever felt since his stay in San Fierro.

After a long ride through the city, CJ finally made his way to the Easter Bay Airport and into the parking garage down below. As he drove through the dark garage, he finally came across a red Manana. So CJ hopped inside the car and started the engine. But before he had a chance to step on the gas pedal, he heard another engine running from another vehicle. CJ then realized he was being ambushed. So he drove through the garage and finally exited out before the vehicles could close in on him.

As CJ made his way through the toll booth of the garage, he spotted more of the gang attempting to do him in up ahead.

"You won't get far!" one of the members shouted out.

CJ just ignored them and continued driving. He made it back on the road of Foster Valley and continued driving. But before he could get a chance to ride smoothly, he looked in his rear-view mirror to find the gang chasing him on bikes. So CJ stomp harder on the gas pedal and drove as fast as he could through the city. He looked around the city on the lookout for any other gangs who would ambush him while he drives the car.

By the time he arrived to Esplanade North road, he spotted the garage up ahead and parked the Manana inside there.

Well my work here is done, as always, CJ thought.

He decided to head back over to Woozie's place for a meal. He was getting hungry. So without a hesitation, he spotted a car parked across the street and decided to steal it. He hopped inside, started the engine, and drove on the road to Chinatown, where he parked in front of the betting shop and hopped out, walking into the building.