Chapter 29: Doped Out

CJ went to Well-Stacked Pizza and got some lunch from there. As he sat and enjoyed his lunch, he wondered what he was going to do to earn the respect back from his gang, especially from Sweet and Ryder, both of whom were still steamed at him for running off on them. He decided that he should try a second time to reason with B-Dup and get him on his side, as well as getting Big Bear back in rehab for his crack addition.

So after CJ exited the restaurant, he hopped onto his bike and rode through Idlewood and to Ganton. As he stopped by B-Dup's apartment buildings, he saw that the Grove Street Families members were armed with much more high-quality weapons.

I guess Shermhead's crazy ass ideas actually proved to be worth it after all, CJ thought. Sometimes, I really do think he's a genius.

CJ entered the apartment and knocked on B-Dup's door. Sure B-Dup had refused to do business with Grove Street earlier, but CJ felt that he had enough confidence to talk him out of making a quick buck and rejoin the Grove Street Families.

"Who is it?" B-Dup yelled from the inside.

CJ then saw the door open and a disgruntled B-Dup staring at him.

"Didn't I tell you to beat it, motherfucker?" B-Dup snarled at CJ right before attempted to slam the door in his face. But CJ held it back with all his might.

"C'mon, man," CJ told him. "We getting Grove back on its feet now! Why you can't believe in us?"

"There ain't jack shit to believe, nigga!" B-Dup snapped. "Nobody's making any money these days."

"But we're getting the Grove back on top, homie," CJ protested. "Look, B-Dup. At least give it a second thought."

B-Dup thought about what CJ said, and after several seconds, he finally made up his mind.

"You know what, CJ?" B-Dup told him, letting him in his apartment. "I'll tell you what. You run some errands for me and maybe – remember, key word here is "maybe" – I could reconsider this drug dealing business."

CJ looked at Big Bear behind him and saw that the former was still scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush. Big Bear didn't say a word, but CJ knew that the look on his face was screaming "Help me!". He wasn't sure if he could do any of B-Dup's tasks, but with Grove slowly getting back on its toes, he finally made up his mind.

"Okay," CJ agreed. "So what you want me to do?"

"Perfect timing, Dawg!" B-Dup told him, grinning malevolently. His grin then faded. "Now listen, there's this asshole who's sending his thugs to sell drugs around MY turf! Who the fuck that nigga think he is?! The motherfucking drug lord?! Not while I'm around!"

During his conversation, B-Dup violently kicked a bucket out of his way and stormed to the cabinet against the wall. He pulled out a shotgun and handed it to CJ.

"So take this, kill every crack dealer around this neighborhood, and blow that nigga's head off!" B-Dup demanded. "And afterwards, steal back every cent of that cash he made from them drug deals. You shouldn't miss him. He the only one rocking the Panic baseball cap."

CJ didn't say a word. He did exactly what B-Dup ordered him to do and walked out of the apartment. He walked outside to find that there was a proliferation of crack dealers around the hood.

"Sell on this turf, will ya?!" CJ shouted.

So one by one, he ran up to each crack dealer and aimed for their heads. He blasted each of them with the shotgun and came across one of the drug dealers that B-Dup mentioned. There he was, rocking the LS Panic baseball cap while wearing a yellow hoodie and baggy brown cargo pants.

"Hey, motherfucker!" CJ shouted. "Who you think you are selling drugs on this turf?!"

The dealer took notice and stared back at CJ in shock. "Ah shit!" the dealer cried out.

He looked around thinking about a way to escape as CJ got closer. Soon, the drug dealer took off running away and CJ dashed after him. The chase resumed across the railroad tracks and at the parking lot of the motel just across.

CJ watched as the dealer hopped inside a parked Perennial and began to drive away. CJ saw a nearby Greenwood parked there as well and hopped in that vehicle as well. He started the engine and drove away to find the dealer driving straight down through Idlewood.

As the chase resumed through Downtown Los Santos, CJ finally got close enough to the dealer and shifted to the right side of the moving vehicle, performing a drive-by shooting. The dealer pulled away quickly and continued driving away.

"Hey, man!" he pleaded. "We can work this out, homie! I'll give you all my dough! Anything you want!"

He then made a sharp right turn on Market and continued speeding away. CJ continued chasing after him and got closer as the two vehicles continued driving in a straight line. CJ caught up with the dealer once again and performed another drive-by on him. When the Perennial finally caught fire, the dealer finally hopped out and attempted to run away. But not before CJ finally gunned him down via drive-by and hopped out of the car.

He walked over to the dealer's corpse and grabbed the money he collected from the drug dealing. Soon, he heard police sirens, which prompted CJ to hop back inside his vehicle and speed away.

The police cars were trailing right behind him, and CJ continued driving down the road through Downtown Los Santos. He drove through Idlewood and finally made it inside the Paint 'n' Spray up ahead, changing the color of his vehicle.

CJ had now lost the cops and drove back onto the road safely. He knew most of B-Dup's future errands would be rather perilous and intense. But CJ was prepared for them, especially if it meant recruiting B-Dup back to the Grove Street Families again and get Big Bear to rehab after the crack had impaired him both physically and mentally.

CJ returned to B-Dup's apartment with the money in his hands and knocked on his door. After several seconds waiting, CJ finally heard the door open. B-Dup stood right in front of the door. "Yo, I got that cash for you, B-Dup," CJ said. "That dope dealer ain't gonna be selling no more dope around this turf."

B-Dup swiped the cash out of CJ's hands. "Nice work, nigga," he said. "You keep that up, I might get out this game in no time and come back to cap them Balla motherfuckers along with the Grove. Come back when I have some more work to do for you."

B-Dup then shut the door, and CJ walked away. As he walked outside, he felt hope for his gang. All he had was to thank Sweet for this, because Sweet was very determined to get his gang back on its feet. So since the rest of the gang were now armed with stronger weapons thanks to Ryder's idea to rob weapons, CJ spent the next hour helping the Grove Street Families take over more territories from the Ballas, succeeding in every gang war as the gang had now taking over the entire streets of Willowfield and Ganton. CJ decided to celebrate by visiting Denise.