Chapter 66: Toreno's Last Flight

Back at the Doherty garage, after changing into a dry set of clothes, CJ looked around. He was prepared to take out Mike Toreno, the final Loco Syndicate member standing, to end the gang's reign once and for all. The Da Nang Boys were history, and the San Fierro Rifas would no longer cause any more problems. Just then, CJ heard his cellphone ring. He pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Carl, it's Woozie," he heard Woozie answer. "I've got some information for you."

"Hey Woozie," CJ replied. "What's the business?"

"My man found that van you were looking for, by the helipad downtown," Woozie replied.

"And Toreno?" CJ asked.

"Yep, he's there," Woozie replied. "Apparently, he's about to take some merchandise and cut by helicopter. They've already started loading boxes."

"Something about Toreno don't add up," CJ responded. "Holler back if you hear something."

It was all clear. Toreno, knowing he was the remaining member of the gang, was about to escape via helicopter. So CJ hopped on the Sanchez he rode all the way to the garage and rode through the streets of Downtown.

By the time CJ got to the helipad, there were already guards attempting to take out CJ. So CJ dodged the bullets and killed most of them before they even had a chance to fire their weapons. He made his way to the helipad and dodged many of the bullets fired by the guards.

While killing the guards hiding behind the dumpsters, he made his way up the steps leading to the helipad, only to realize that the helicopter was about to take off. Toreno was about to escape.

Motherfucker! CJ thought. This guy's craftier than I thought!

CJ didn't have time to react. The guards on the helipad were already firing at CJ, and the helicopter had already taken off. So CJ killed the two guards and grabbed the rocket launcher on top of the helipad. He saw the helicopter flying away towards the highway. CJ aimed the rocket launcher to the flying vehicle and fired a missile at it. Missed!

The helicopter continued to fly away. CJ knew he wasn't about to catch it from that distance. So he hopped off the helipad and got onto the Sanchez from across the street. He couldn't let Mike Toreno get away with his drug dealing crime. So he spotted the helicopter hovering over the freeway and dashed after it. One of the guards armed with an AK-47 was hanging from there and was firing bullets at CJ as well. So CJ dodged the bullets as he raced to the helicopter and finally made his way onto the freeway.

He zoomed past the helicopter and got far enough to keep his distance. By the time he approached the end of the highway to Whetstone, he hopped off the Sanchez and saw the helicopter up ahead. It was far and coming slightly closer. CJ prepared to blow it out of the sky and took aim.

This is it, CJ thought. It's finally about time to take down Toreno and end the Loco Syndicate once and for all!

So as the helicopter came a few inches closer, CJ finally aimed at the flying vehicle and fired the missile. A direct hit! CJ watched as the helicopter, now caught on fire, finally plunged to the ground and exploded in flames as it finally hit the ground

"Yeah!" CJ shouted. "Ain't no way Toreno could survive that crash!"

CJ knew he would attract the cops after this mission. So he dropped the rocket launcher, hopped onto the Sanchez, and rode away, right past the blacken-burnt helicopter where Toreno was presumably dead in. CJ didn't need to take a closer look. No one, not even someone as crafty as Toreno, could survive a crash that intense.

By the time CJ got off the freeway, he drove on the road through Doherty and finally made his way to the garage. He hopped off the Sanchez and slowly walked inside, finally making his way inside the office. He took a seat and began panting hard. All members of the Loco Syndicate were dead, but CJ was still upset. While he was glad that he terminated the whole drug deal business, he still couldn't get Big Smoke out of his mind. His childhood friend not only betrayed him, he was also running drug deals, even having many of his lieutenants deliver the yay to him across the county.

What happened to ya, Smoke? CJ thought. You was like family to me. Now you sold me and my homies out and fucking with that yay? You lost, man. I don't even know you anymore.

CJ sadly lowered his head to the floor and sighed deeply. There's no possible way this could get any worse for him. Just then, he heard his cellphone ring. CJ pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Yeah," CJ answered.

"Don't 'yeah" me, you good-for-nothing toad!" he heard Michelle shout over the phone. "Guys like you are all the same!"

"What?!" CJ cried out in surprise, shocked at Michelle's response over the phone. What was she upset about all of a sudden?

"I heard what you were doing!" Michelle snapped. "You were hanging out with those drug traffickers, the Loco Syndicate! Don't even try to deny it! I saw you using a rocket launcher to blow up a roadblock with that white man and Latino while I was driving to the gas station! So that's what you do for a living! Working for gangs and doing businesses with drug traffickers!"

"Naw!" CJ protested. "You don't understand, see-"

"Stop lying to me, CJ!" Michelle interrupted sternly. "I saw you using a rocket launcher for the roadblocks! I saw you talking to the guys about some shipment with those Syndicate members in the car! And you told me that you don't like touching drugs!"

"If you would just listen to me.... " CJ started to say. But Michelle cut him off.

"I've listened enough!" Michelle interrupted again. "And it turns out I made a bullshit mistake thinking I would even consider you my man! We're through! Have fun with the Syndicate!"

"You don't understand...." CJ protested.

"Oh I understand!" Michelle cut him off once again. "I understand you're too lazy to get a real job and would much rather make a quick buck in such a sordid manner! Goodbye, CJ! Find a woman who's just as interested in drugs as you are! We're through for life!"

"Michelle...." CJ said. But before he could finish, he heard the tone of the phone. Michelle had hung up on him.

Damn, CJ thought. My homie betrays me and I get dumped by a girl? What a world fucking record.

CJ continued to hang his head in sorrow. It was the first time he had ever been on the receiving end of a break-up. At this point, he didn't know what he was upset with more: Michelle breaking up with him over a misunderstanding, or the fact that his closest friend from childhood turned his back on him. Either way, it was a sad day for him.