Chapter 94: Green Goo

As CJ made his way down the mountain, he decided to get something to eat. All that sneaking around in the military base had made him hungry. So he drove to Cluckin' Bell and walked inside the restaurant. As he made his order and enjoyed his food at the table, he thought about his latest mission. Why did Truth wanted him to steal a jetpack from Area 69? And what did he want him to use it for? The Truth was becoming a very cryptic bystander to CJ.

As he continued to eat, he heard a familiar voice on a talk radio show. It was OG Loc! He was babbling and boasting about how gangster he was and how he was able to somehow get a record deal in spite of his terrible rapping, which he never bothered to bring up. CJ became even more surprised when he learned that OG Loc's manager was Big Smoke, who tried to convince the listeners that OG Loc is a true gangster, and that Lazlo, the guy on the radio, has been convinced that Smoke was helping the community.

Oh how little you know, pal, CJ thought, reminding himself of Smoke's betrayal.

CJ didn't have time to think about Big Smoke at this point, much less any time to wonder how such a wannabe thug like OG Loc would get into the rap business. He still needed enough money to get Sweet out of jail, and Woozie was waiting for him in Las Venturas at any moment. So he finished his food and stepped outside of the restaurant.

As he got onto the Sanchez, he decided to see Barbara. So he started the engine and rode around the desert to find Barbara's place. He approached El Quebrados, where he saw Barbara at the sheriff's station.

"Over here, Carl!" Barbara called to CJ.

CJ pulled up in front of Barbara and the latter approached him.

"Come on, CJ," Barbara told him, trying to get him to hop off and to her Ranger. "Let's find somewhere to eat."

"Okay," CJ answered as he hopped into the Ranger. "Let's go."

So CJ drove through the road on a search for a restaurant. He made his way through the roads of Tierra Robada. "I love it around here, Carl," Barbara said. "This whole desert is crawling with CIA."

"This really interesting," CJ muttered.

Soon, after a long drive, CJ finally spotted the diner up ahead. He drove to the diner and parked up front. "This the spot," he told Barbara.

"Excellent," Barbara stated as the two hopped out of the Ranger.

The two were now seen dining together and staring at each other's eyes. "So you a cop, huh?" CJ asked Barbara.

"Yep," Barbara answered. "I graduated from college with my master's degree in criminal justice back in 1984."

"1984?" CJ asked. "How old are you now?"

"30," Barbara responded. "I got married just three years later to a firefighter and we both had two kids shortly after. We had our daughter in 1988 and our son in 1990."

"You got married?" CJ asked. "Well what happened to your husband?"

"He kept calling me a control freak all because I wanted everything in order and neat around the house, and he was getting physical," Barbara told CJ. "That's when I divorced the asshole in 1991 and took my children with me. They're currently staying with their aunt and uncle."

"Whoa," CJ said. "Sorry to hear that."

"Yeah," Barbara said sadly.

CJ then began drinking his water... until he coughed it up and stared back at Barbara. "Wait!" he cried out. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you correctly. Did you say you have KIDS?!"

"Yeah," Barbara told him. She reached in her pocket to pull out photos of herself with a young girl and boy, as well as a few other photos of the young girl and boy. "See? There they are!"