Chapter 118: Riot

The next morning, CJ drove through the city to pick up Sweet. Cesar, Kendl, and Lisa had all came back from San Fierro to stay at Madd Dogg's mansion with the rapper, Kent Paul, and Maccer just last night, and The Truth had also come around as well. CJ knew that even though Sweet wasn't interested in moving in the mansion with Madd, he had to at least let him see the rest of the family.

So CJ hopped onto a BF Injection and drove down the driveway and onto the road. He still hasn't heard from Ryder, and the latter's voicemail kept coming on whenever CJ would call him.

CJ drove through Los Santos, reflecting on his past antics since his return in his hometown months ago. He wasn't sure where Big Smoke was, but he knew that he will eventually catch and confront the drug lord.

CJ finally made it to Grove Street and parked right in front of Sweet's house. He hopped out of the vehicle and walked to his brother's house. He knocked on the door and stood there thinking as he wondered what Sweet's reaction would be as he first took a look at the mansion.

CJ didn't have any time to think about more. He looked as he saw the front door yank open.

"Yo what up, Carl?" Sweet greeted. "What you got goin'?"

"I have something to show you," CJ told him. "It's over at Madd Dogg's mansion."

"Ah not your shit with that again," Sweet complained, shaking his head. "Didn't I tell you that I ain't interested in that bullshit?"

"This ain't about the mansion, Sweet," CJ told him. "It's about finally seeing the family. Kendl's there too."

"Well why can't Kendl come here at her house to see us?" Sweet asked.

"Well first of all, she already moved in with her fiancé," CJ said.

Sweet sighed in frustration. "I shoulda known," he muttered. "Still fucking with them eses."

"Look, Sweet," CJ protested. "I think you should start accepting the fact that Kendl is now a young adult who's old enough to make her own decisions. She'll be 21 in February, and I think it's time you just learn to deal with the fact that she's happy with Cesar, and I've been getting along with him well ever since I was exiled from LS."

Sweet thought for a moment. He wasn't going to deny that Kendl was now a grown woman and was old enough to make her own choices. But at the same time, he didn't wanted to lose her after he had already lost his mother and brother because of the calamity in the hood.

After a while, he finally stated, "Well at least take me over there! I want to speak to this ese."

"Okay then, bro," CJ said. "Well hop on. I'll give you a ride."

CJ guided Sweet to the BF Injection and the two brothers rode away.

"Oh, Sweet," CJ told him as he drove through Idlewood. "There's also someone else I want to show you."

"Ryder's back?!" Sweet asked.

"Naw," CJ said. "I still ain't seen Ryder around yet. I meant someone else."

"Who is this person?" Sweet asked.

"I'm sure you already know about this person already," CJ told him, driving through Commerce.

"I don't think I do," Sweet replied.

"This person came around to San Fierro with us and helped remodel the garage there," CJ told him, cruising through Downtown Los Santos.

"Who, CJ?" Sweet asked. "Who is this person you want me to meet?"

"If I just told you, you won't believe me," CJ answered as he made a right turn on Market.