Chapter 71: Test Drive

Meanwhile, Dwaine and Jethro were just staring at a Remington and each exchanged cigarettes. But when Jethro grabbed the cigarette himself, he quickly tossed it to the ground when Cesar arrived.

"Hey Carl!" Cesar told CJ, "there's four cars on the list, ese, and they're in the showroom across town! Let's go get them!"

"I've always admired your direct approach, hombre," CJ said as he walked with Cesar outside of the garage.

"OK, let's go get those wheels!" Cesar explained, right before LB and Ryder pulled up in a white Washington.

"Need a lift, homie?" LB asked CJ and Cesar.

"LB," CJ exclaimed with a smile. "Ryder wasn't wrong about you! You are like a clockwork ninja!"

He let out a relieved chuckle. LB just grinned back at him.

"Word is that you and Ceez looking to swipe four cars from the showroom Downtown!" LB informed.

"Read my mind, partner!" CJ replied.

"Then take the wheel then, my nigga," LB said, sliding to the passenger's seat. "Let's get these wheels!"

"Jeah," Ryder added from the backseat. "Hook it up West Coast style, motherfucker."

So CJ hopped inside the vehicle and took a drive through the city.

"I like this place, you know," Cesar said randomly.

"Where?" CJ asked.

"San Fierro, man," Cesar replied. "My home will always be the Varrios and El Corona, but this city, it has something gentle about it."

"Nigga, fuck that gentle shit," Ryder chimed in. "We gangsters! We want that hardcore shit!"

"Yeah," LB added. "We like things to be chill once in a while, but there ain't jack shit "gentle" about San Fierro."

"I'm serious, holmes," Cesar protested. "This place is amazing to drive through. The city, the streets, not to mention the atmosphere. I swear, it felt like a utopia driving through the Garver Bridge, eh."

"Yeah, I know what you mean, Ceez," CJ said. "Kendl seems to like it too, you know?"

"Oh yeah," Cesar replied. "She's really getting her head into this business thing."

"Jeah," Ryder replied. "Hopefully, she'll put her hard-earned cash in to pay for some decent clothes."

CJ ignored Ryder's remark. "That's good," he told Cesar. "She's always been the brains in the family. She should get out the ghetto and make something of herself."

"I think she's aiming to make something out of ALL of us, eh!" Cesar told him.

"Yeah, she's the moms of the family now," CJ said.

"Don't go far, CJ," Ryder told him. "Just think about what mothers are known for before you get her to usurp Mrs. Johnson for that position."

"Come on, Ryder," CJ groaned. "What it kill you to say something nice about my sister for once? I never throw any shades at your sister."

"That's because Lisa doesn't have anything niggas could use against her," LB chimed in. "That girl is hardcore."

"Kendl told me all about her," Cesar answered. "From what Kendl told me, she doesn't sound like a girl I would mess with." He then turned to CJ, who had reached the end of the road Downtown.

"Hey, who's this 'Truth' guy, holmes?" Cesar asked CJ. "I don't think he's wrapped too tight!"

"I'll say," Ryder added. "That motherfucker make ME look clean even when I was high on the wet."