Chapter 93: Black Project

CJ woke up from his nap. He just couldn't keep his mind off of his decision five years ago and kept having dreams about what he has been doing for the past years since he moved to Liberty City. It was nothing but endless flashbacks on his life in Liberty City, and he just couldn't get it off of his mind. He looked at his watch. It was 5:59 PM.

"Damn," he muttered to himself. "I must've overslept."

CJ looked out the window. The sky was now a dark purple with a small shade of pink on the bottom. CJ felt his heart thumping hard and a quivering chill down his spine. It was too silent outside, and CJ felt an impending premonition. He wasn't sure what Toreno was going to send him to do. The missions that CJ was given to were dangerous and almost cost him his life.

So CJ grabbed his jacket and headed out the door. As he got outside, the cold wind blew through his face softly. He turned to his right to see that the airstrip was empty. There wasn't a single sound heard around the desert, except for the blowing wind and chirping crows. The mountains stood stationary in the background. CJ felt his heart pounding out of his chest as he took a wary stroll around the airstrip. He wasn't sure what was coming for him.

"Hail fellow," he heard Truth shout out all of a sudden. "Well met. Namaste. Peace. Carl, brother."

"Hey, Truth!" CJ called, looking around for the eccentric elderly man. "Where you at?!"

"Just checking that you were no longer on 'government business'," he heard Truth say once again. CJ finally turned around and found Truth standing on the wing of an abandoned wreck plane. "Where is he?" Truth asked.

"How the fuck would I know, man?!" CJ answered. "He's like the devil. Hey, man, you OK?"

"Everything is transient," Truth replied. He jumped off the wreck and barely landed on his feet "Oof!" he grunted. "Oh, man. Uh. I'm passing through life, same as every man."

"OK," CJ muttered, perplexed.

"Do you have any idea what you're doing for Toreno?" Truth asked.

"No," CJ replied dryly. "I seem to be on a need-to-know basis."

"Oh, no, man," Truth grunted. "Two lies don't cancel each other out. You know that. We pay them to lie to us. Is that what our founding fathers wanted? No more, friend. No more. We're not alone."

He started hugging on CJ, prompting the latter to shake the former off of him.

"Get off me, man!" CJ yelled. "What's going on?"

"Everything is going on!" Truth replied. "Don't you get it? There's a place. Not even on the map. A train is about to leave. It can explain better than I ever can. Boy, this is going to blow your fucking mind! We got work to do. You better drive. I'll explain. the elegance does not even touch it."

CJ just shook his head as he and Truth headed over to Truth's Mothership, which was parked just up ahead. CJ got into the passenger's seat while Truth took the wheel and began the engine.

"So what is this about?" CJ asked.

"Black Project!" Truth uttered.

"Black Project?" CJ asked. "What the hell is that?"

"Area 69," Truth replied.

"Area 69?!" CJ cried out. "Dude, you crazy! You actually want to sneak in there?!"

"That's where the Black Project is," Truth said.

"How the hell are we supposed to get all the way out there without getting blasted?!" CJ asked.

"Stealth, my friend," Truth responded.

"Man, what the hell are you talking about?!" CJ asked once again.