Chapter 25: Robbing Uncle Sam

CJ had taken a nice, hot shower as he finally made it back to his house last night. He could not believe OG Loc had him do all his dirty work for him just to kickstart his career as a rapper, something he was undeniably terrible at, especially murder someone just for being honest about his awful skills. Before he fell asleep, he even went to puke inside the toilet since it literally made him feel sick from anxiety of murdering an innocent manager.

The next day, CJ stepped out of his house, fully dressed and now feeling rather active today. He looked around his neighborhood to see that. Not very many people were outside. He was wondering what his friends were up to. So he decided to check up on Ryder once again.

He first checked the backyard, where he saw the gangster resting on his lawn chair in the backyard, heavily dosing on his PCP. "It Was a Good Day" by Ice Cube was playing on the radio.

"Hey, Ryder!" CJ called at the stoned gangster. "This nigga's loaded... Ryder!"

CJ walked up to him and tapped him heavily. Ryder suddenly woke up from his stupor. "Yeeaahh, CJ.... " the gangster finally uttered. "Hey, CJ, tell me why I didn't finish high school."

"Because you been dealing drugs, man, since the age of ten!" CJ laughed.

"No, that ain't it," Ryder replied.

"Because you went and put hands on that teacher for wearing Ballas colors!" CJ answered, chuckling.

Ryder laughed as he gave CJ a high five. "But no, that ain't it either," Ryder said, climbing onto his feet. "It's 'cause I'm too intelligent for this shit, man. I am the real deal, fool. Oh jeah. A genius."

CJ just laughed. "Oh, oh yeah..." CJ joked.

"Who has more straps than anybody?" Ryder asked. He took a few steps back and finally darted to CJ's face. "Who has all the straps, huh?" Ryder asked.

CJ then stretched his arms and rested them behind his head. "A man with a lot of guns?" he asked. "Shit, I give up."

"The army, my nigga," Ryder answered. "The army! Let's go."

"Yeah... Yeah!" CJ said as Ryder rested an arm around his shoulder as the two walked away. Ryder tried to offer CJ his joint.

"Go hit the wet, nigga," Ryder told CJ.

"Get that outta my face, man," CJ protested, pushing Ryder's hand away.

"Go hit the wet!" Ryder demanded.

"You know I don't fuck with that, man," CJ said. "C'mon!"

He pushed Ryder away. "Busta!" Ryder muttered.

The two walked out to the street to find a van parked in front of Ryder's house. They hopped inside, with CJ taking the wheel.

"You think you can roll this van without killing us both?" Ryder asked as CJ started driving.

"Hey, Ryder, where we going?" CJ asked.

"Ocean Docks," Ryder answered.

"How we get this van?" CJ asked. "It wasn't outside when I came through."

"My homie LB, he's like a clockwork ninja!" Ryder told him. "Real dependable. Unlike some of you motherfuckers..."

"Give it a rest, man!" CJ told him, driving through Willowfield. "I lost my little brother, and now I lost my Moms."

"Don't matter how much shit this city throws at you," Ryder replied. "CJ, you gotta stick by your homies!"

"Yeah, I guess..." CJ said.

Seriously, who the hell is this LB dude? CJ thought.

A lot of Ryder's ideas were just crazy. First, he considered breaking into a war veteran's home, then he contemplated robbing a train, and now the ocean docks.