Chapter 75: Off the Trolley

CJ walked over to Lisa as everyone else dispersed in other directions.

"So what you need, Lisa?" CJ asked.

"Well," Lisa started, "the first thing I'm gonna need is a pencil and paper to sketch out what the garage will look like. One thing you must know, Carl, is that designing is part of art, and you can't make art without sketching it out to get a good understanding on what you want it to look like. That would be like killing the wrong person in a war all because you didn't know what he or she actually looked like."

"Ah, you just had to go there with that analogy," CJ groaned.

"You get my point, Carl," Lisa replied. "All I'm saying is that I'm gonna need some art supplies so I can be able to sketch the garage's design. Can you do that for me?"

CJ thought about it for a second. He was rather naïve on what Lisa told him since he wasn't much of an artist himself. But he got the idea and wanted to transform the garage into something nice.

"Alright, Lees," CJ agreed. "My man Zero has plenty of art supplies at his shop."

"Well then go to the shop and grab them for me," Lisa told him.

"Alright, fellas," CJ told everyone else. "I'ma holla at Zee real quick. Just hold tight. Lisa's gonna keep you all company!"

"Good luck, CJ!" Cesar called out, and CJ headed out the front door.

He headed outside and hopped inside a parked Washington outside. He started the engine and drove onto the road, making a right turn. He made another right on the intersection and straight down to Garcia street. He parked in front of Zero's shop and went inside.

"Yo Zee!" CJ called. "You in here?!"

"In the back, Carl!" Zero called distantly from the other room.

CJ went into the backroom to find Zero inventing something.

"What the hell are you doing?" CJ asked.

"I heard your friend's sister came around to help redesign the garage at Doherty," Zero replied. "So I'm thinking of what inventions I can make in order to get the job done quicker."

"Whatever, man," CJ groaned. "Look, I need some art supplies in order to sketch out the designs. You got any material?"

"Sure thing," Zero announced. He went to his storage from the corner and screamed in frustration.

"What?" CJ called. "What is it?"

"Berkley!" Zero shouted at the sky. "He's stolen my art supplies! He must've hired some lackeys to sneak inside my shop and steal it!"

"Well, now what?" CJ asked. "We can't design the garage without something to sketch with."

"Here," Zero said handing CJ a small tape. "I just remembered, I have video cameras around my shop to identify whoever snuck inside my shop. Not smart now, huh Berkley?!"

Zero went to a television and placed the tape inside the VCR on top of it and the two looked as the video played. In the video, at 1:45 AM, a mysterious man wearing a blue hoodie crept inside the shop and pulled down his hood. He was a blonde guy with a bowl-cut hairstyle and reached into the storage to steal some art supplies inside a box.

"I know that guy!" Zero called. "That's Zeke! He's a typical hobo thief who's been stealing stuff out of other people's properties! He lives over by the pier in Esplanade North! At least Berkely wasn't behind it this time! At least I know he won't be around to bother me or my business again! Still, I have to get my art supplies back!"

"Thanks, Zee!" CJ told him. "I'm gonna pay that hobo a visit!"

"Please do, Carl!" Zero demanded. "Those art supplies are very valuable to me and I can't afford to have some hobo using it as whatever."