Chapter 55: Mountain Cloud Boys

The next day, CJ went to the garage to find that it was once again empty. No one was around. It was Sunday. So Ryder was probably going after the guys carrying the yay before they got to Los Santos. Meanwhile, Truth was probably back at his farm collecting his drugs. As for Cesar and Kendl? They probably were on a date. CJ no longer felt skeptical of Kendl being with Cesar while he wasn't around. He knew he trusted Cesar dearly. Besides Ryder, Cesar was the only friend who haven't turned his back on him.

So as CJ plopped down on the sofa, he picked up the remote and turned on the television, in which he was watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air as the television turned on. He sat back and laugh at most of the comedy on the television program.

At least the television shows are gettin' better in this decade, CJ thought.

Just then, he heard his cellphone ring. CJ pulled it out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hey, wassup?," he answered.

"Hey Carl, it's Woozie," he heard Woozie say over the phone. "Hey, if you got some time, I'd like for you to come over so we can talk about something."

"Yeah, for sure," CJ replied. "Where you at?"

"I own a little betting shop in Chinatown," Woozie told him. "Just come around and introduce yourself. My people will be expecting a visit."

"It's a plan, man," CJ replied nonchalantly. "Later."

As CJ hung up, he jumped off the couch and walked over to the parked car outside. He hopped inside, started the engine, and drove onto the road.

He said it was at Chinatown, CJ thought. Hell, I know where that at.

So CJ drew through and made a left turn to Chinatown, where he saw the betting shop up front. He parked the car to the side, hopped out, and entered the shop.

Inside were a couple of patrons cheering at the horse races shown in the TV screens up above. They seemed very determine for whichever horse they were rooting for as they watch them race through the screen. CJ approached the booth where a triad was behind.

"We're closed! Pokgai!" the triad snapped at CJ.

"Easy, man," CJ complained. "I'm here to see Woozie."

"Oh," the triad replied guiltily. "Upstairs."

"Stupid ass motherfucker..." CJ muttered under his breath.

He made his way down the hall and approached the staircase, where he saw another triad blocking his path.

"I'm Johnson," CJ told him. "I'm here to see Woozie, I work with him."

"Yes," the triad answered, pointing to the staircase, "right this way. You know of the boss's curse?"

"Curse?" CJ asked. "Nah."

"He's blind," the triad replied.

"Blind?" CJ asked, bewildered. "But we was just racing cars last week!"

"Yes, I know," the triad replied calmly. "He is blessed with unbelievable good fortune. And the Triad that would do anything for him. We call him our Lucky Mole."

CJ just stared at the triad as if he were in his closet pondering what shirt or outfit would best suit him.

"A'ight," CJ answered. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Good," the triad said as CJ continued on up the stairs.

CJ made it to the top to find Woozie in his apartment room with a couple of women by his side.