Chapter 106: Madd Dogg

After five long hours of hanging out at the Four Dragons Casino playing games and going to a local gym to work out and learn some wrestling techniques, CJ decided to go out for a walk of fresh air. As he walked through the streets, he came across the building of the Royal Casino. There were two pedestrians chanting at a mysterious figure on top.

"JUMP!" one of the pedestrians shouted. "Go on, jump! Oh, shit - Jesus..."

"Jump!" the guy's partner shouted. "Come on, man, jump! You got it."

"Hey, what's happening?" CJ asked the two as he approached them. "Who's the idiot?"

"Some washed up rapper," one of the pedestrians said.

"It's Madd Dogg!" his partner answered. "Used to be a real chart-topping cat. Real playa!"

"Madd Dogg?" CJ asked. "Aw, man."

CJ then remembered that he costed the rapper's career after helping OG Loc months ago, and it looks like he was about to commit suicide. Madd Dogg was an African American man wearing a blue shirt and baggy denim pants, and he appeared to be blatantly drunk as well.

The two pedestrians continued cheering for the rapper, urging him to jump.

"Jump! Come on!" one of them urged.

"He lost all his money in the casino and went batso!" his partner said.

CJ knew he had to talk Madd Dogg out of this. He had practically ruined his career and would live a life of regret if he didn't save his life. "Hey, MADD DOGG!" CJ called to the rapper. "Whatchoo doing up there, fool?!"

"Do I know you?!" the drunk rapper asked from above. "I don't think so, so shut the fuck up! This is the end! It's over! Wuh - woah! Ohhh..." He started to stumble.

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit he's gonna go over he's gonna go over!" one of the guys in the oncoming crowed called out.

"No, Dogg, get a grip!" CJ convinced vociferously. "Dude, get a grip - you still got it! You still gangsta!"

"I don't give a fuck no more," Madd Dogg moaned. "My manager got killed, some asshole stole my rhyme book. Shit is rough. All the kids like this "Loc OG" or whatever the fuck his name is. Some fake ass gangster rapper bullshit. Liquor's my only friend. Woah! Shit..."

This really hit CJ hard. Why he decided to help OG Loc break into the rapper's mansion to steal his rhyme book and murder his manager was a question far more exorbitant than the empires he made in each city.

"Come on, Dogg!" CJ coaxed. "You just need a new manager, baby, you're looking at him!"

"I hate y'all," Madd Dogg replied as he nearly stumbled off the ledge.

"Just come in off that ledge, man!" CJ shouted.

"Hey, don't talk him out of jumping," one of the pedestrians in the crowd told CJ. "We got good money on this!"

"Yeah, good odds, too!" his partner added.

"Damn, this town is cold..." CJ muttered.

"Man, jump!" a man in the crowd shouted.

Just then, a few attendants at the Royal Casino came around to try to help Madd Dogg. But the rapper held them away with each hand.

"Stay the fuck away!" he demanded. "Stay the fuck away! I'm the best rapper in the universe! I'll jump! I'll jump! Woah! Wa-ah-ah!"

CJ knew there was no way he would be able to convince the rapper to do otherwise. So it was up to him to save his life himself. "Oh, hell no!" he grunted. "I gotta catch this fool."

Before he knew it, CJ heard House of Pain's "Jump Around" playing outside. He turned to see one of the pedestrians playing said song on the black boombox. The others around the area even chanted "Jump!" doing the chorus.

Man, those people are really milking it, CJ thought.

So CJ had to quickly think of a way to save Madd Dogg from jumping to his impending demise. He spotted one of the Waltons parked in the parking lot replete with boxes. So he ran to the vehicle and drove over to the Royal Casino building, just in time too.

"Stay back!" Madd Dogg shouted. "This is it! This is the end! I'm out!"

Madd made a long dive down the ground and landed right into the back of the Walton, where he slammed into the boxes inside. Madd Dogg wasn't dead. But he still was critically injured and wasted. CJ had to take him to the rehabilitation center to get him clean.

"Time to take your sorry ass to rehab, you drunken idiot," CJ told the rapper as he drove off.

"Am I still the top rapper, dude?" Madd Dogg moaned.

"Best there ever was," CJ answered. "Second to nobody else, homeboy. And the name's Carl."

"Thanks, Carl..." Madd Dogg said as he vomited a little.

CJ knew he never should've trusted his friend Loc. He was a wannabe gangster who CJ never understood even got famous to begin with, and CJ knew that he was responsible for Madd Dogg's downfall in the first place. So he had to make up for what he ruined and decided to help Madd Dogg out by the time the latter was now clean.

CJ drove carefully through The Strip, making sure Madd Dogg's injuries didn't exacerbate due to bumpy driving. CJ has improved his driving throughout the months he's been back in San Andreas. He made a left turn in Redskins East and made it to the Ivory Towers Drive-Thru Medical Clinic up ahead.

At the clinic, Madd Dogg was taken out of the Walton and carried on a stretcher. Before the doctors took him inside, CJ stopped to talk to the semi-conscious rapper real quick.

"Hey, get yourself straightened out, then we can get you back in the studio," CJ told Madd Dogg.

"Carl," Madd Dogg uttered silently.

"What?" CJ asked.

"When I get clean I'm gonna need a new manager," Madd Dogg told him. "Thought I might look you up."

"You do that, homie," CJ said with a smile, and Madd Dogg was carried into the clinic.

CJ hopped inside his vehicle and heard the phone ring. He pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Carl, it's me, Ken," he heard Ken shout through the phone. "The Leone family has made their move. Salvatore is here. Now, he's taken over Caligula's. We're screwed, man, it's war for control of Venturas, man, war! War! There's word of some Triad visit that should keep him busy. I'm calling from the bathroom. I gotta go, I really gotta go!"

CJ just hung up the phone. Looks like I got another job to do, he thought. So he started the engine of the Walton and drove away to see Ken at Caligula's Casino.