Chapter 2 : The Hero Slaughterer (2).

“Give me a 10,000 won worth.”
An Jaehyun took out 2 five thousand won bills from his wallet. The convenience store’s part-time worker tilted his head in a daze.

An Jaehyun adjusted his thick glasses and spoke again.

“Can I get my lottery ticket?”

“Ah, sorry.”

The part-time worker snapped out of his daze and took the money. He then smoothly picked out a lottery ticket for An Jaehyun. While handing out the ticket, the part-time worker kept examining An Jaehyun’s face.

“Um, have I met you before?”

Putting the lottery ticket in his wallet, An Jaehyun left the convenience store without giving him an answer. At this, the part-time worker titled his head again.

“I feel like I’ve seen him before… gah, whatever.”

The part-time worker shook his head and grabbed his tablet paper from the counter. He unpaused the video and watched it with great interest.

-Mr. Kim Dongsoo, how’s the situation right now?

-The Albino Dragon received heavy damage to his right wing. Our first objective has been accomplished.

-What about the losses?

-We lost five so far.

-Do you think you’ll succeed in killing the Albino Dragon?

-The Stormhunter Guild is Warlord’s greatest guild, and our Hahoe Mask team is its strongest attack team. We don’t worry about success or failure. We only worry about how we’ll succeed.

-How romantic.

-Haha. Without a bit of romance, who would suffer through such hardships?

The part-time worker smiled lightly as he watched the video.

“As expected of the Stormhunter Guild. It’s really the best. None of the other guilds is its match after joining up with the Hahoe Mask Guild.

Following his smile was a slight sense of disappointment.

“What a shame. If only they still had the Hero Slaughterer… what is he doing these days? Did he quit the game completely?”

The part-time worker once again tilted his head at this question. But that was it.

Soon, he silently went back to watching more videos.

An Jaehyun had long disappeared from his mind.

★★★

‘Fuck. I can’t believe you can’t buy a lottery ticket from your home in this day and age. Why do you have to be there in person? What, are people worried a five-year old will buy one online?”

An Jaehyun gritted his teeth remembering the part-time worker from just now.

But his anger soon died down. He remembered the video the part-time worker was watching.

‘Albino Dragon. Level 439.’

An Jaehyun had already watched the broadcast. In fact, he even bought the 30,000 won live ticket to watch the raid. The Stormhunter Guild failed four times, barely succeeding on the fifth.

‘If I was there with my old team, I would’ve killed it in first try.’

How sad.

He was sad that the Stormhunter Guild didn’t fail, and he was sad that he wasn’t there participating.