Chapter 168 - King's Tomb (1)

Kings Tomb (1)

1.

The news of the the Hydra guild acquiring the Fighters guild was spread in an instant.  It also created a big ripple in Warlord.

- Why did the Hydra guild suddenly merge with the Fighters guild?

- ㄴ They made the acquisition, because they needed the forces of the Fighters guild.

- Why does the Hydra guild suddenly need the Fighters guild's forces?  What are they trying to do?

In the midst of the unrest, people started to figure out the reasons behind the merge.  They deduced the reason why the Hydra guild had purchased the Fighters guild even at the expense of overpaying for the acquisition.

- They are basically signalling their intent on entering the Black Continent.

- ㄴ The original Hydra guild had enough firepower to enter the Black Continent.  So why make this move?

- ㄴ Monsters aren't the only foes one has to face within the Black Continent.

In a short amount of time, a majority of the people came to a consensus in regards to the reasoning behind the merge.

- The Black Continent is already occupied by the Five Stars guild and the Stormhunters guild.  They are basically saying that they won't back down.

- ㄴ Will this be a start to a guild war?

- ㄴ Didn’t they already fight with the Big Smiles guild in the Frozen Lands?  They've already fought once, so there is no reason why they won't fight again.

- ㄴ However, the Big Smiles is part of the Five Stars now.  Will the Hydra guild really try to start something with the Big Smiles?

- ㄴ This is why they acquired the Fighters guild!

- ㄴ Still, would the acquisition of the Fighters guild be enough?  In my opinion, it would have been better to create an alliance with another guild.

- ㄴ The Hydra guild has a decent relationship with the Red Bulls.  If they allied with each other on top of acquiring the Fighters guild...  It might be possible.

Guild war.

This wasn't simply a fight between Users affiliated with a guild.  It was a life-and-death fight where the guild's profit was put on the line as prize.  Of course, when the Hydra guild enters the Black Continent, many predicted that it would signal the start of a guild war.  It would be a battle between 30 great guilds that'll determine each guild's fate.  Since the fate of a guild was on the line, it was predicted that it would be a battle amongst the most skilled Users, who represented the guilds.  It would be like the fight between Sohank and Sinclair at the Frozen lands.  The real pros would be fighting for their fame.

People expected it, and at the same time, they were looking forward to seeing it.

However, unlike the expectations held by the public, no full scale battles occurred.

When people realized that there wouldn't be any real clashes, everyone became disappointed.  Ahn-jaehyun was one of the people, who was disappointed.

‘There's no special news today either.’

Ahn-jaehyun busily tapped at his Tablet PC, and he had on a sullen expression on his face.

‘In the end, did they decide to work with each other?  From what I saw, the Hydra guild and the Five Stars overlapped in their area of operation...  Did they come to some kind of agreement?’