Chapter 46 : Bad Move (2).

­ Bad Move (2)

– The Corrupt Count raid is different from any of the raids so far.

– Can you be a little more specific?

– The Corrupt Count isn’t a strong monster, but a man of authority that exists in the Warlord world. It’s not just because he is human. So far, raids have been against middle or large sized monsters. This time, it’s against an NPC. This difference is what makes this raid different from all the other raids.

– Is there a reason the date for the Corrupt Count raid is set to be a week before Warlord’s 1st anniversary? Many say that it would have been better to wait one week until the anniversary. Do you have any plans to delay the raid for a week?

– Upon much consideration, we decided that now was the time. The most important thing is to increase the chances of success. Even 1% helps. Everything after that is secondary.

– That was the last question. Do you have anything you’d like to say?

– We will be the only ones who meet with the Corrupt Count.

That was the opening of the Corrupt Count raid broadcast.

An Jaehyun watched the video, holding his tablet PC in his left hand, while his right hand was dropping glucose candies into his coffee. After filling his coffee to the point it was about to overflow, An Jaehyun finally took a sip. The bitter taste of the coffee and the glucose candy’s cheap sugary taste made the drink taste like a medicine.

Thinking about the live broadcast’s ticket he paid for, An Jaehyun couldn’t help but wonder.

‘With a price like this, they couldn’t have sold more than 500,000 won.’

Before An Jaehyun returned to the past, the Hydra Guild’s Corrupt Count live ticket cost was 15,000 won, and 1,960,000 tickets were sold. It was a new record at the time, and the Hydra Guild pulled in over 10,000,000,000 won.

The reason they were able to do so well was that they took their time. The raid date was as one would expect, and the tickets were sold over three days as well. This time, on the other hand, the tickets were expensive and sold for only one day.

As long as the Hydra Guild wasn’t stupid, there was no way they didn’t know they were losing out. With that in mind, since they were going this far, it could only mean that the situation was urgent.

Taking a sip from his coffee again, An Jaehyun made a glum face.

‘The chance of them failing… is greater than 90%. Yeah, there’s no way.’

An Jaehyun reminisced.

‘Well, they failed in the past, so they would have failed this time anyhow.’

In the past, the Hydra Guild had failed their first Corrupt Count raid.

They fought well and defeated the Corrupt Count. However, when the Corrupt Count’s HP dropped to 0, a new phase activated and the Corrupt Count ran away. It was similar to how the Golden Skeleton ran away. In the end, the Hydra Guild failed to catch the Corrupt Count they defeated, and it took them another month before they succeeded.

‘The fact that he runs away is a pain.’

When the Corrupt Count ran away, a new quest appeared to chase after the Corrupt Count. That was why it took so long to capture him again. If he didn’t run and stayed in a single place, it wouldn’t have taken longer than 10 days to catch him again. Even so, it was amazing that it could last 10 days with all of the Top 30 Guilds waiting in line 24/7 to go into the Corrupt Count raid.