Chapter 87 Corrupted Elf (1).

Corrupted Elf (1)

1.

It was 10 meters long. It was a beast with two feet and two wings. It looked similar to a chicken. However, it had gray lizard-like scales instead of feathers. Its tail was long, reminiscent of a dinosaur's tail.

Moreover, its comb was quite memorable. The red comb on top of its head was sharp like a blade and the wattle under its beak was letting out a soft light. It was letting out a strange foreboding feeling. The beak between the comb reminded one of a large spear.

However, the most striking part of its appearance was its armor. It wore a red armor that was akin to a horse saddle.

Its name was the Gray Cockatrice.

It was a level 120 mid-sized monster. It was one of the many monsters that drank out of the Red Lake.

One couldn't look down on it, but it was a monster one could take down if given the opportunity.

The Garten Party had been hunting at the Red Lake for 4 weeks, and they had already caught 5 of these monsters.

“Shit!”

However, their reaction was different from the last time they had met this particular monster.

“We caught a Corrupted monster last week yet it appeared once again? How is this possible?”

The loud complaint was heard by the Gray Cockatrice, and it quickly turned its head. When it turned its head, one could see it in its eyes. It was as if a vast quantity of black ink had been dripped into a gray lake. The black energy was swirling inside the eyes.

The ten users, who were part of the Garten Party, frowned as they saw the light in its eyes.

“What should we do?”

“We have to fight it.”

“I don't think it'll be easy.”

“Isn’t that bastard fast at moving? If we run, three to four of our party members will be killed. It's better to fight it right now, then ask for help.”

At that moment...

“It's about to bite!”

One user who had been keeping an eye on the Gray Cockatrice let out a yell. Everyone's gaze focused on the Gray Cockatrice. They caught sight of its beak opening wide. Its open beak was wide enough to put a human head through.

From the wide open beak...

Ggi-roo-roo-roo!

An ear-piercing cry was let out. Instead of a sound, the bizarre cry transformed into wind and started to gust into the surrounding. The power of the wind was considerable as the plants filling the Red Lake started to tremble.

In between the horrible shriek...

[Corrupted Gray Cockatrice let out a sudden roar.]

[Every Stat will be reduced by 20%.]

[You are feeling Fear. Your movement speed will be decreased by 15%.]

They heard the announcement.

[The Mysterious Soft Candy nullified the Fear and the Curse.]

After hearing the announcement, the ten users heard a new announcement. They had already taken a consumable item. It was the effect of the Mysterious Soft Candy.

Small fireworks were going off inside the mouth of the Ten Users.

The very first ones to move was two users equipped with heavy armors, large shields, and powerful hammers. The two users boasted similar body size, and they ran towards the Gray Cockatrice, who was still letting out its bizarre cry.