Chapter 66 : Skill 'Armament' (2).

Skill ‘Armament’ (2)

“I’ve always been curious. Do you mind?”

“Go ahead.”

“What’s on your mind when you’re fighting monsters? You always charge at them so thoughtlessly.”

It was about the time when he was at level 100. Along with Kim Dongsoo and other members of the Hahoe Mask Guild, Hyrkan had gained experience, levels, fame, and achievements. During this time when they were able to earn enough to make a living, Hyrkan, the Hahoe Mask Guild’s ace player, had been killed during battle.

It was the result of a reckless battle. The Hahoe Mask Guild had to rest for 48 hours as a result, and Kim Dongsoo took the time to have a drink with An Jaehyun.

When Kim Dongsoo asked An Jaehyun the above question, An Jaehyun answered.

“Mm… if I don’t kill this guy, I won’t get to eat tomorrow. Something like that.”

“Haha…”

When he heard An Jaehyun’s answer, Kim Dongsoo let out a dry laugh as he poured more drink into An Jaehyun’s glass. The reason Kim Dongsoo didn’t pry further was that he took An Jaehyun’s answer as a signal that he didn’t want to talk more about it. However, that wasn’t the case.

It was the cold hard truth.

An Jaehyun, or rather Hyrkan, did not put much thought into his fights. He wasn’t able to either. By nature, there were too many ways a fight could go wrong. He couldn’t fight with every possibility in mind.

In the end, all he could do was remind himself of his resolve.

The answer Hyrkan gave was his resolve.

There would be no dinner if he didn’t kill the monster in front of him!

As much as it was foolish, simple, and ridiculous, it had a good effect. Although this resolve sometimes sent him to forced 48-hour vacations, it mostly helped him achieve his goals.

One of these results was his title, Hero Slaughterer.

‘Skeletons are just assistants. I’ve been taking things easy for too long.’

At this moment, Hyrkan reminded himself of this resolve once again. Then, he held up his Orc Hero’s Sword.

‘Someone who just sits back isn’t Hyrkan.’

Hyrkan then charged towards the Spirit Knight who had turned his Golem into a ragged doll.

The Spirit Knight immediately reacted to Hyrkan’s appearance. He faced Hyrkan and swung down with his sword diagonally.

Up until now, Hyrkan had faced the Spirit Knight’s attacks head on. If he did, his Skeleton Warriors would attack in his stead. Rather than dodging the Spirit Knight’s attack, he performed the role of controlling him.

This time, however, Hyrkan dodged the attack.

Narrowly.

He tilted his body to the side slightly, and he could clearly feel the Spirit Knight’s sword brush past him.

This was Hyrkan’s original battle style. It was just that he had forgotten about it due to the convenience provided by his Skeleton Warriors. It was the Spirit Knight that had let him remember what he had forgotten for so long.

The Spirit Knight had awoken the Hero Slaughterer Hyrkan that was sleeping within Hahoe Mask Hyrkan.

After dodging the Spirit Knight’s attack, Hyrkan struck its side with his sword.