Chapter 169 - King's Tomb (2)

Kings Tomb (2)

4.

The corridor was so well made that it was hard to call it a tunnel within a cave.  There were checkered tiles on the ground akin to go boards.  There was not a single tile out of place, and the surface of the walls in the semicircular tunnel was decorated with beautiful patterns.

It was a tunnel befitting a tomb of a king.

This was the last path traveled by a king.  This was why this tunnel possessed extravagance, and it gave off a feeling of stately dignity.

[The Guardians, who guard the King's Tomb, is approaching you.]

The King's Tomb didn't allow anyone to enter it except for the king.  It didn't look kindly to intruders.

Accompanying the System Announcement, soldiers made out of clay started to appear from the other side of the tunnel.  They kept in formation as they marched forward. 

Chu-buhk, chubuhk!

The sounds of their feet moving in sync was heard.  They marched towards the intruder, who had decided to interfere with the king's eternal sleep.

There were a lot of them.  As expected of a road made for a king, the tunnel was large enough for 10 people to stand abreast of each other with their hands extended..  However, the clay soldiers made this tunnel feel cramped.

Twelves soldiers stood abreast of each other.  Moreover, Hyrkan couldn't see the end of the line.

The only thing he was sure about was the fact that they numbered in the hundreds.

It was an incredibly large army.

Just imagining such a large army marching against oneself was enough to make anyone feel faint.  Moreover, it was hard to even come up with a strategy to deal with such a large army.  However, in such a situation, the User decided to charge forward.

Chuh-buhk! Chuh-buhk!

One could hear steps that were out of sync with the sound of footsteps made by several hundred clay soldiers marching together.

Pah-aht, pah-aht!

The sound of nimble footsteps could be heard.

The sound of the running footsteps and the slow marching footsteps alternated with each other.

Shweek!

In the middle of the alternating sounds, the sound of the air being split was heard.

Ssssk!

Then the sound of something solid being cut was heard.

Shweek, sssssk!

These sounds were heard in succession, and afterwards, the sound of something hard being hit was heard.

Ggah-ahng!

It was the start to the battle.

The battle started out in a noble fashion.  A User threw his body towards a tunnel filled with several hundred Clay Soldiers. 

Wasn't this something that couldn't be done unless one had guts and a gallant spirit?

However, the result of such a gallant move wasn't that great.  He was like a bulldozer.  He sliced through the Clay Soldiers in front of him like tofu.  He cut through everything without hesitation.

However, at some point, his gallant spirit couldn't overcome everything.  He had charged straight into ranks of the endless Clay Soldiers, and now he was surrounded.