Chapter 45 : Bad Move (1).

­ Bad Move (1)

It was now March, but the end-of-winter chill was still in the air. Heavily clothed people filled the streets, and a few who could not stand the cold went into nearby coffee shops for shelter. Because many were in similar situation, there was a long line of the orders.

By the coffee shop’s window, there was a shabby looking man.

The man tapped on his touch screen tablet PC, breathing harshly with his nose red. It was easy to tell that the man had been enduring the cold weather in front of the coffee shop for quite a while. Even putting his current state aside, he did not seem to be doing good. He was thin as if he hadn’t been eating much, his thick glasses showed he had bad eyesight, and his hair was unkempt.

However, what was most suspicious and unsightly was the fact that he was stuck to the window like he was a sticker.

‘Damn it, why is the Wi-Fi so slow? Your coffee’s so expensive. At least provide better service.’

He was clearly trying to use the free Wi-Fi that the coffee shop provided to its customers. This man was, of course, An Jaehyun. The reason he was going through all this trouble on such a cold day was to get this free Wi-Fi.

He knew it was not the best thing to do. If he paid for a coffee, took a seat and started working, he would at least be able to stop his runny nose.

An Jaehyun’s toils came to an end…

‘Okay.’

A short time later.

An Jaehyun tapped on his tablet PC, and sent several emails to multiple accounts.

After finishing his work, An Jaehyun turned his tablet PC off, stuffed it under his armpit, and removed himself from the coffee shop window.

As he headed straight home, An Jaehyun couldn’t help but sigh. When he did, his breath was easily visible due to the cold weather.

‘Here’s a super special service for anyone. I don’t care who, so catch the Corrupt Count and open a door to a new era.’

The future had changed, and a new era was now starting.

★★★

As the Top 30 Guilds had their own live broadcast channels, their guilds ran in different ways than other guilds. One difference was their Information Team. As one would expect, the Information Team was in charge of managing information and reporting important facts to the guild.

There were many reasons for running an Information Team. First, it was important to receive feedback on customer satisfaction. It was also to receive potentially valuable information. Of course, about 80 percent of reported information were completely useless. Of the remaining 20 percent, 10 percent were so bad that the team wanted to throw the sender into the jail. In other words, only 10 percent of information were somewhat useful.

Finding useful information from this pile of garbage was truly hard for those in the Information Team.

But what choice did they have?

“God, it’s all trash. Like, this one is asking us to find a missing cat. What the hell?”

They were being paid for it, so they couldn’t not do their job.

“That’s cute. Look at this. This one says it’ll tell us the identity of the Corrupt Count.”

In any case, the Information Team organized the tips they received. Although most were thrown out, they were still checked in the process. It was a subjective process, as what might be a jewel to one may be trash to another. It was especially so in the case of information.