Chapter 24 : 70% Luck 30% Effort (2).

Warlord had many castles. Amongst these, the castles that beginners start out in were comparatively large to accommodate the large concentration of players.

But there were few specific spots where players congregated. The Subjugation Association branch, the Class Tower, and the Item Workshop. Most players were around these three spots.

Of these three, the Item Workshop was the most diverse.

‘I don’t understand why these idiots come here instead of screwing around in casinos.’

If players in the other two spots were regular gamers, then players loitering around the Item Workshop could only be seen as gamer addicts. Hyrkan wasn’t particularly fond of the Item Workshop atmosphere. Every time he saw others who gambled their life in the game and failed, he could see himself in their shoes.

“Tsk.”

Holding in the bitterness, he felt, Hyrkan stepped into the Item Workshop.

The inside of the Item Workshop resembled slot-machine filled casinos. Cubes the size of small children were lined up side by side, while players stood in front, putting in crafting coins or crafting jewels then shaking them diligently. Many seemed as if they had lost their souls as they continued to shake these cubes. These players were the ones hoping for a Rare-rank or a Unique-rank item that rarely dropped while crafting Normal-rank items. There was even a line in front of one of the cubes despite the fact that many others were still open.

‘Looks like someone popped a Unique there.’

These players bet money with the tiniest of hopes of striking it rich, and they were fittingly called gamblers rather than gamers.

Hyrkan didn’t spare a glance at them. He didn’t have an inkling of mind to involve himself with these type of players. After wandering around the place for a bit, Hyrkan sat down in front of an empty cube.

He first put in 1 gold in the cube. Then, one of the cube’s black faces turned into a touchscreen. Using the touchscreen, Hyrkan looked up the Corrupted One’s Essence, a crafting jewel, and the Corrupted Werewolf’s Bone and Corrupted Werewolf’s Skin. These, of course, were the crafting materials he got from killing the Corrupted Werewolf. The screen then showed a list of items he could create from these materials.

The entire process was rather inconvenient and boring. At the same time, it was a process that players had to go through. Looking up the items, putting in the materials, then shaking the cube. These three steps were how items were crafted. Although it was fun to test one’s luck for three or four items, one could imagine what it would feel like when crafting hundreds of them. It was mentally taxing, to say the least, and Hyrkan had once done this job.

Before returning to the past, at the time when he was working part-time at a Warlord-related workshop.

‘I must have been crazy.’

The worst feeling was that after hundreds of Normal-rank items, when you finally got a Rare-rank item, you would have to give it to someone else. The sense of loss could only be imagined. Though, it was thanks to this part-time job that Hyrkan could get into Warlord. Without it, Hyrkan would never have played Warlord.

Placing aside the glimmering memory in his mind, Hyrkan focused on the screen in front of him.

‘Hm.’

He looked through the items of the list one by one.

What caught his attention was…

‘Mm? I can make a necklace?’

A necklace. He could craft a Rare-rank necklace. It was better than what he had been expecting.

‘I really am lucky.’