Chapter 54 : Maoong's Test (1).

­ Maoong’s Test (1)

[You have leveled up.]

Even with the level-up alert, Hyrkan did not stop. He weaved through the battles among his skeletons and Sword Monkeys, and slashed away at the monkey’s bodies.

Hyrkan’s longsword moved both elegantly and brutally as it left long slash marks and deep cuts. At times, he cut off the monkeys’ limbs almost effortlessly.

Kii!

Every time Hyrkan’s longsword moved, a Sword Monkey cried out in pain. It was only after all 12 Sword Monkeys were dead that Hyrkan finally stopped and checked his level-up alert.

Hyrkan half-heartedly examined his stat window. In truth, he didn’t really have to. Considering he checked his stats quite often, there was no way he wouldn’t know his stats. Hyrkan only recognized the fact that he had finally reached level 60. Afterwards, he quickly skinned the monkeys that were lying on the ground. It seemed Hyrkan was more concerned about the items than leveling up.

After Hyrkan skinned the monkeys, they began to melt down. Soon, only their bones and skin remained, and Hyrkan carefully examined through them.

“GOD DAMN IT!”

At that moment, Hyrkan shouted out in anger, and kicked the skull of a nearby Sword Monkey.

The Sword Monkey’s skull then flew towards an unassuming Skeleton Warrior that had been on standby.

Whish!

The Skeleton Warrior quickly dodged the flying skull. Then, it stared at Hyrkan as if to say ‘did I do well?’ After all, Hyrkan had always spent time teaching his Skeleton Warriors on how to dodge attacks.

However, Hyrkan didn’t have the peace of mind to praise the Skeleton Warrior.

“Arrrrgh!”

In the end, he exploded.

“Why can’t you just give me one? I’ve killed over a thousand! WHY? What did I do wrong? Tell me Tobot Soft! What did I do wrong here!?”

To get to level 60 in the shortest amount of time, Hyrkan had given up on hunting Sword Monkeys. However, he could not get rid of his lingering attachment. In the end, he came back when he was level 59 with only about 20% EXP left to go until level 60.

Let’s try killing them until I get to level 60!

At this point, it would not have mattered even if a Sword Monkey Jewel dropped. He already had a weapon prepared for level 60. However, he did it anyways just to resolve the occasionally tickling he felt in his heart.

However…

‘This is a bug for sure. This god damned game…’

The result wasn’t what he had hoped for.

Grrrr

The forest shook at the sound of Hyrkan gnashing his teeth. Although there were many times Hyrkan was frustrated or driven close to madness by Warlord, this was the first time he was completely toyed with.

“Whew.”

Of course, there wasn’t much he could do in such a situation. He couldn’t go ask Tobot Soft why his item wasn’t dropping lest he get treated as a hacker of some sort.

He had no choice but to endure through it.

Huff huff.

Hyrkan let out breaths of air to calm his anger.