Chapter 180 - Hero Slaughterer (3)

Hero Slaughterer (3)

8.

-Did you guys hear about the news from the Highwood Forest?

-L. Isn’t that the location of Hahoe Mask’s recent hunt?

-L. He is still hunting inside the Highwood Forest.

-L. Of course, everyone is aware of that fact.  It had been only couple weeks, since the Hahoe Mask uploaded the footage of him soloing the Wood Devil!

-L. No, he isn't hunting monsters anymore.  He is hunting down Big Smiles guild members.

These people enjoyed watching Warlord.  They were also interested in the User named the Hahoe Mask.  He made their hearts flutter from excitement.  They were very interested in the activities of the Hahoe Mask, since he attempted tasks that was considered to be impossible to solo.  They cheered when he overcame the odds.

He was able to solo Boss Monster Raids, and he was doing the Main Scenario Quest by himself. 

Moreover, he was able to oppose the 30 great guilds.  These exalted organizations were almost untouchable as if they were placed high in the sky, and even the influential Underfoot guilds could do nothing against them. 

This made people become more fanatical about the Hahoe Mask.

These people were romantics.

Everyone could imagine themselves doing what the Hahoe Mask did.  While anyone could imagine doing it, the Hahoe Mask actually took action to make these ideas into reality.

This inflamed the romanticism inside the hearts of people.

-Did he declare war against the Big Smiles guild?

-L No.  He says he is out for revenge.

-L- Revenge? Against whom?

-L. Pitbull and the Hahoe Mask are friends.  Recently, the Big Smiles guild killed Pitbull.  He is avenging Pitbull.

-L. From what I heard, the Hahoe Mask didn’t touch anyone except the 10 guild members, who hunted down Pitbull.  He even apologized to the unrelated party members for intruding on the hunt.

This was the most important part of his plan.  Ahn-jaehyun had to sidestep the trappings of the romanticism his actions might evoke.

'I like where the public opinions are heading.'

He sipped his coffee, and he looked at the reaction caused by his actions.  Ahn-jaehyun was satisfied.

'Yes, this is the correct answer.'

The act of fighting the 30 great guilds had a quality of romanticism.  Everyone could imagine doing it, yet no one could do it.  Of course, even the Hahoe Mask couldn’t fight the 30 great guilds in a fair fight.

Before he had returned to the past, he had felt this truth deep within his bones.  He had made enemies of the Stormhunters guild, and this had turned the entirety of the 30 great guilds against him.  He had fought them like a crazed dog.  However, he now realized how illogical and pointless such an act was.

This was especially true for Ahn-jaehyun, since it didn’t make sense to cause a Game Over to all of his opponents, because they were wearing the same uniforms.  It was a dangerous way to play this game, and it was also stupid.

'Nothing good will come from messing with the normal guild members.'

Before he returned to the past, he had been very radical in his actions as the Hero Slaughterer.  He cut down anyone that got in his way.  This was why he was nicknamed the Slaughterer.  He never hesitated, and he had no mercy.