Chapter 84 The Baheim Tribe (3).

The Baheim Tribe (3)

8.

Thick vines were interconnected between the large trees, and the Elves were walking across the vines at a quick pace. Unlike walking a tightrope, one didn't feel a sense of danger. It felt as if they were children playing jump rope. The sight evoked a feeling of wonder.

The Elves, who had created such a surprising sight, all twitched their ears at the same time as if they had promised to do so beforehand.

The Elves' emerald eyes headed toward a single location like arrows.

Their gazes landed on Hyrkan and the single Elf that was guiding him.

Chu-buhk, chubuhk.

Unlike the Elves traveling across the vines, Hyrkan and the Elf was walking on land. The sound of their steps sounded unusually loud. Their steps stopped under a particular tree.

“Take this.”

The Elf that had guided Hyrkan suddenly gave him a thick and tough vine. Hyrkan took the vine and raised his gaze. His eyes followed the line, and at the end of it was a house. The house wasn't made by cutting parts of the tree. The house was made out of already broken parts of tree.

It was neither tidy nor shabby. Instead, there was a sense of mystique that permeated the house. If one saw it for the first time, the sense of mystique would have made him fall into a trance.

‘This is all bullshit.’

However, Hyrkan wasn't dazed. The sense of mysticism worked only on someone who saw this for the first time.

“Climb up.”

At the Elf's word, Hyrkan started quickly climbing up the vine before the Elf could gesture towards it. He didn't need to use his feet. He used only his arms, and he went up as if he was sprinting a short distance.

The Elf glared at Hyrkan from below. The Elf's gaze was filled with vigilance and hostility. It made the bottom of Hyrkan's feet turn cold. Hyrkan glanced below then he put on a mocking smile.

‘As I suspected, I don't mix well with handsome or pretty people.’

He was once again awakened to the unpleasant reality when Hyrkan reached the tree house's floor. The tree house's door was located on the floor. It was a round door with a diameter of around 1 meter. It was a little bit larger than a manhole cover.

Ddok ddok!

Hyrkan knocked on the door over his head as he dangled from the vine. The door opened and a face could be seen across the dark space.

He had a youthful appearance. If Hyrkan had to guess his age using normal human standards, he would have to put the man in his 30s. However, his beautiful appearance was the most striking one he had seen amongst the Elves. There was a large scar made by a knife above the bridge of his nose, and at the end of the scar, there was another scar that looked as if a tip of an arrow had punctured that location. From afar, it looked as if someone had drawn an exclamation point on his face. Instead of it looking hideous, the scar made him look look more stylish and cool.

‘The exclamation scar... So, this guy is Drah.’

NPC Drah.

He was Baheim tribe's chieftain. Amongst the Elf enthusiasts within Warlord, he was quite popular. He was always within the top 5 of every popularity poll regarding the male Elves of Warlord. Hyrkan always disparaged the poll result, and he considered people who casted the vote to be crazy. He even yell out, 'Do they have nothing better to do?', once.