Chapter 155 - Find the Ruins (2)

Find the Ruins (2)

5.

[You've found a ruin.]

[You've acquired the Title 'Ruin Excavator'.]

[Please find the out-of-place Artifact within the Ruins.]

“Uh-whew.”

This was the System Announcement he had been impatiently waiting for.  Instead of a joyous shout, Hyrkan's shoulders sagged as he let out a heavy sigh.

‘This bastard really….’

Hyrkan's gaze naturally turned towards the cause of his sigh.  It immediately headed towards the corpse of the Golden Goblin., but his gaze didn't stop there.  It continued to move to land on the Skeleton Warrior, which was standing over the corpse in an imposing manner.

The Skeleton Warrior didn't avoid its owner's gaze.  It's imposing figure was reminiscent of a hunting dog standing over its prey.  It was as if it was waiting for a compliment from its master.  This was why Hyrkan swallowed his anger.

‘Yes.  I'm the one that taught them, so it is my fault.  They are blameless in this.  I'm the one to blame for teaching them too well.’

Hyrkan abruptly felt such a feeling.  He really felt the truth that he had grown terrifying monsters.

‘If monsters like my Skeletons came out as opponents..... Uh-whew.  Just the thought of it gives me nightmare.’

He once again thanked the stars that his Skeletons weren't an enemy he would have to face.

Of course, such sentiments didn't last long.  This wasn't some significant milestone where he should get lost in sentimental feelings. 

Hyrkan once again shook his head from side to side, and he shook off the unimportant feelings.  Then he immediately looked forward.  The eyes within the Hahoe Mask glazed over.

Some kind of a building was reflected in Hyrkan's eyes. 

He use the expression 'some kind', because it was hard to judge the shape of the building.

First, the building was half-buried in the ground. The part that stuck out from the ground was reminiscent of an earthworm.  It was hard to discern the shape of the building, since it was covered in tree roots.  If one glanced at it, one might not even notice it was a building. 

On the other hand, one could feel a mystical energy coming off of it even if it was faint.

The most eye-catching part of the building was the bricks that were giving off this mystical energy.  Each brick was carved with various symbols. Instead of an engraving, it was embossed.  The shapes stood out in relief, so the shapes were quite noticeable.

‘Is it a temple?’

His admiration ended there.  The Skeleton Warrior, which had defeated the Golden Goblin, was returned to its Skeleton Fragment form.  Then he entered the building.  There was only one tunnel that lead inside.  It was so small that he had mistaken it for a window, but he was able to squeeze his body into the space.

His shoulders were hunched and his head was lowered.  He walked slowly like a turtle with his back hunched.  Hyrkan was able to stretch out his back after ten steps.  A deep darkness greeted Hyrkan when he straightened his back.

A bright light formed on top of Hyrkan's head.

Underneath the bright light, he re-equipped the glove he had taken off to activate the light app on his wristwatch.  Hyrkan quickly looked at his surrounding as he put on his glove.