Chapter 123 - Power of Wealth (1)

Power of Wealth (1)

1.

There used to be a saying in the great battle that said the tail had the best flavor. If the best tasting part of a fish was its head, the best tasting part of the great battle was the tail.

When the Corrupted army went into Siege mode, the Corrupted army became very reckless.  They charged forward no matter what.  Even if outside interference arrived, the monsters that were directly affected would be the only ones to react.  The rest of the monsters didn't stop their charge.

Even the monsters that had reacted returned to their charge as soon as their aggro was reset in a short order. If a Tanker succeeded in drawing aggro, the monster would start attacking, then suddenly it would just run past the Tanker to charge the castle.

This special characteristic was put in, so that the Users couldn't break up the Corrupted army using the Aggro system.  However, every advantage also had its disadvantage.  The Gnawing method was a strategy that turned the advantage of the Corrupted army into a disadvantage.  One was able to approach the Corrupted army from the side, and the monsters were picked off one by one.

This was where the expression the tail has the best flavor originated.  After the know how to the Gnawing method was revealed, all the Users started to pound the Corrupted army from the side.  In many cases, there were more Users dispatched to the side than the front. Naturally, the competition in Gnawing the Corrupted army became fierce.

At that moment, several Users had an idea.

‘Hey.  Instead of the side, how about eating them from the rear?’

‘All right.’

There were no spots open from the sides. If one took position in the front, there was the danger of being run over by the Corrupt army.

Let's attack the tail!

The result was a jackpot.

The biggest advantage of Eating the Tail was the fact that there was a very low probability of the Corrupted army coming to a stop and surrounding the Users.  If one faced the Corrupted army head on, it didn't matter if one could be surrounded.  A simple lapse in concentration would result in one being trampled. 

The Gnawing from the side had a lower chance of being surrounded compared to the front, but it wasn't as if it didn't happen.

However, it was impossible to be surrounded using the Eat the Tail method.  It couldn't happen unless one throws one's body into the midst of the Corrupted army.

‘I've laid out all my cards now.’

In other words, Hyrkan had no more tips to give after the Eat the Tail method.  He had given away the Congestion method, Street Battle strategy, Gnawing method and now the Eat the Tail method.  There might be some very mysterious and marvelous method to attack the Corrupted army, but Hyrkan's brain couldn't come up with any.

Since he already revealed the Eat the Tail method, Hyrkan had to do something monumental.

‘I'll finish this great battle using any means possible by myself.’

There would be nothing more monumental than winning this battle.

‘After I end this, I have to encourage the 30 great guilds to participate....’

When Hyrkan ruminated over his plan, Hyrkan suddenly started kicking at the ground like a crazy person.

“Ooh-ah-ah-ah!”