Chapter 166 - Trace of Bokan (2)

Trace of Bokan (2)

5.

[Quest ‘Trace of Bokan’ has started.]

When he read the entirety of the letter sent by Ahimbree, Hyrkan heard the System Announcement in his ears.  A new Quest was added to his Quest List.  Hyrkan immediately checked the content of the Quest.

[Trace of Bokan]

- Quest Rank : Unique

- Quest Level Range : 200

- Quest Content : The Archmage Bokan's trace has been discovered.  Currently, the evidence is being kept by NPC Diung at the current Heard Fortress Ruin town.  Please go find and investigate the trace of Bokan.

- Quest Reward : Skill Book.

‘Bokan....’

The letter from Ahimbree was very long-winded.

Blah blah.

There were so many words that it almost made him feel annoyed.

However, the content behind the words were very simple.

Archmage Bokan was Ahimbree's teacher, and his trace was discovered in the Black Continent.  Ahimbree wanted Hyrkan to find clues regarding Archmage Bokan on his behalf.

The reward was a Skill Book.

At this point in the game, obtaining a Skill Book containing a level 200 and above Skill was like a pipe dream.  It was something one couldn't acquire even if one had money.  Of course, his eyes spun from the implications.  If it hadn't been for Bokan's name, he would have committed to this Quest as if his life was depended on it.

Basically, the name Bokan made him mull over his decision.

‘······what was his role again?’

Archmage Bokan.

This NPC had seven disciples including Ahimbree.  When one progressed in the Main Scenario Quest, one could hear his name mentioned occasionally.

If one put together all the information regarding Bokan, one could deduce that Bokan was someone, who had predicted the grave danger being faced by the world of Warlord right now.  One could also surmise that he was someone, who had actively fought against this threat.

This theory was confirmed when his name appeared in the Immoral Prince storyline.

If one looked at the background lore, Archmage Bokan was the one, who had named the Immoral Prince.  Bokan had hoped the prince would drive out the coming nightmares with the faithfuls, so Bokan had named him Dean.

An information of this level wasn't a secret.  It basically put a big importance on Bokan's existence.

Hyrkan was well aware of this fact.

‘Did Bokan ever appear in the Ruined Kingdom episode?’

To his knowledge, Archmage Bokan had never appeared in the Ruined Kingdom episode.

Before he returned to the past, Hyrkan hadn't been able to influence how the Main Scenario Quest developed.  He only had enough potential and power to carry out an already developed Main Scenario Quest.  The trajectory of the Main Scenario Quest had been set, yet he had led the Hahoe Mask guild into attempting a fair amount of Main Scenario Quests.

This was also why he had been more attentive regarding the current Main Scenario Quest than the previous two Episodes.  He had read all the Quest related guides.  It was so well researched that these text were basically like dissertation papers.  He memorized the important words, terminologies and english terms related to this episode.  He also watched the Main Scenario Quest related videos broadcasted by the 30 great guilds.  He had watched it as if was watching lectures over the internet.