Chapter 177 - Red Desert (4)

Red Desert (4)

10

There was a big hole.  The big hole had a diameter of 20 meters.  It was inadequate to simply call it a hole.  It was big enough to call it a chasm.

The four Users were speechless as they looked at the entrance.

“Uh…...”

Hyrkan, who had the experience of going through all sorts of hardships, was first to open his mouth after he came to his senses.

“So shall we head in?”

“Both the Quest Content and the Gem Conch is telling us to go in.”

Whistling answered Hyrkan.  At that moment, Yojori and Joba was still unable to come to their senses.  They vacantly looked at the hole.  Yojori, who always chirped aloud, had her mouth shut as she stared at the intimidating hole.

Of course, the size wasn’t the only reason why they were awed and intimidated.

“Crazy.  You saw what happened earlier!”

Hyrkan’s party hadn’t become intimidated by the hole.  It had to do with the being that had made the hole.

“Mmmm.”

At Hyrkan’s words, the four of them thought about what happened earlier….   It was around three minutes ago.

While everyone was clicking their tongue in amazement, Hyrkan spoke out loud to organize his memories..

“The snake from earlier….  It sounds like a misnomer to call it a snake.  Anyways, you guys all saw the 10 stories long monster?”

They had arrived at their destination by following the Gem Conch, and a stone monument was waiting for Hyrkan’s party.   Of course, the stone monument was weathered, so there was nothing on it.  The four of them stood on top of the stone monument with a vacant expression on their faces.  Whistling put the Gem Conch to his ear, and it said to head downwards.

Everyone let out some choice words at this direction.

Did they have to dig up the ground?

However, the Red Desert couldn’t be dug out.

They couldn’t do it….

Their complaints were along that line.

Koo koo koo!

At that moment, a large sound was heard, and an earthquake could be felt.  The ground started to crack, so everyone decided to retreat for now.  The ground cracked as it sunk.  An enormous snake erupted out of the ground when everyone was clear of the stone monument. 

Hyrkan, who had pretty much experienced everything within this game, dumbly stared at the majestic mammoth of a snake. 

The snake quickly disappeared back into the ground as soon as it appeared.

Since then, the situation remained the same.

“I’m sure of it.  The Gem Conch wants us to go in there.”

Everyone wanted Whistling to listen to the Gem Conch again.  For reference, this was the seventh time they had asked him to do this.  Still, Whistling hadn’t kept count, but he continued to put the Gem Conch to his ear.  Whistling was also dazed at what had just happened.

“Uh whew.”

Hyrkan let out a long sigh.

‘This is nuts.’