Chapter 52 : Lucky Drop (3).

­ Lucky Drop (3)

The best way to become famous was to defeat someone famous.

This was a fact that applied almost everywhere in life.

Almost everyone who played Warlord wanted to become famous in some way. They wanted their names to appear on YouTube or Google results, and they wanted any video they uploaded to appear on top of the trending feed. Although they tried many different things to achieve this goal, only a few succeeded. The ones who failed bet everything they had for a chance to overturn their status.

They became a Fame Hunter.

“My name is Quiyote! Hahoe Mask Hyrkan, I challenge you to a duel!”

When one became famous, he had to prepare himself to fight off the pesky hyenas.

Hyrkan had also resolved himself to such things. As such, he wasn’t too surprised by the sudden challenge.

Hyrkan rubbed his index finger and thumb together.

How much?

Realizing the gesture Hyrkan was making, Quiyote answered with a stiff expression.

“I’ll give you 1,000 gold!”

Hyrkan stopped the gesture he was making and waved his hand as if to say he should just go hunt the Sword Monkeys nearby.

“How much do you want?”

Quiyote asked.

This wasn’t an uncommon sight. The condition or price of a duel wasn’t determined by the challenger, but the champion. It was only right for the challenger to pay some sort of price to the one who was accepting his challenge. Of course, most opted to go for a PK rather than to pay this price.

Hyrkan opened his hand and put out five fingers. Quiyote frowned. The ones who responded were his friends.

“5,000 gold?”

“Isn’t that too much? He’s hot and all recently, but 5,000 gold to fight a rookie is too much.”

“He just doesn’t want to fight.”

“Quiyote, are you really doing this? Why not use that money to go to a club or something?”

However, his friends’ advice didn’t enter Quiyote’s ears. After contemplating for a bit, Quiyote gave his reply.

“I’ll give you 5,000 gold!”

His friends made a surprised expression.

They knew Quiyote was rich. The White Mamba set he was wearing was proof of it. The level 70 full set sold for above 60,000 gold. In the past, the specially made White Mamba set was traded for 50,000 gold, but now, it was even more expensive.

For someone like Quiyote who could wear such an item set right after becoming level 70, 5,000 gold wasn’t such a large amount. Even so, he couldn’t spend it as if it was nothing either.

‘You’re really going to spend that much?’

That was what his friends’ eyes were saying.

At their gaze, Quiyote added a condition.

“But only if you win!”

Only then did his friends relax.

‘That makes more sense.’

‘Right. 5,000 is just too much.’

At the same time, Hyrkan covered his mouth with his hand and lowered his head. Like Rodin’s The Thinker, Hyrkan seemed to be agonizing over something. Although it was weird his shoulders were jumping up and down, Quiyote and his friends didn’t put much meaning behind it.