Chapter 126 - Argardo Raid (1)

Argardo Raid (1)

1.

There was an appetizing pink sausage with egg wrapped around it in front of him.  There was also fresh vegetable, tuna and a kelp soup with plenty of beef and seasoning in it.  He piled on the side dishes on the bowl of white rice.  Ahn-jaehyun was busy chewing, but his expression wasn't that great.

Surprisingly, Ahn-jaehyun was very dissatisfied with the menu.

‘If it wasn't for this event, I would have already replenished my strength by eating stamina-increasing food. I would be playing the game by now.’

In truth, Ahn-jaehyun had planned on stuffing himself with stamina-increasing food the whole time he was running the great battle. He was going to need a strong body more so than any other time, yet he recently felt his physical fitness get worse.

This was why he had saved up his money.  Basically, he set aside a saving that was specifically for buying stamina-increasing food.

‘Shit.  I never expected to spend so much here.’

The Shezga castle defense was over and his calculations was done.  This was why he wasn't comfortable eating an expensive meal.  He had spent way more than expected.  Moreover, the bigger problem was the fact that he had used most of the consumable Items he had in storage.

Warlord Users, especially the Rankers, had plenty of Storage space.  With the important hunts, battles and raids in one's immediate future, one didn’t have the time to be scrambling all over the place to purchase the consumables.

Currently, Ahn-jaehyun didn't just have one big mountain to climb.  He had two big mountains left.  Of course, Ahn-jaehyun was like an ant conserving food in the summer, so it could have a store in winter.  He had to tighten his belt once again.

In that context, the food he was eating right now was definite proof that displayed Ahn-jaehyun's elevated position.  His food and his position within Warlord had gone through a big change.  This was seen on Ahn-jaehyun's youtube page.  The number of subscribers, the number of people viewing his videos, and the purchase of his pay-per-view video was on an upward trajectory again.

This was especially true about the videos he released during the defense of the Shezga castle.  He had revealed the know-hows of the great battle for the first time.  His Eat the Tail video had already racked up close to 30 million views.  This thought relaxed his rigid expression.

‘Well, I won't be able to recover it immediately, but I'll slowly gain back what I invested this time around.’

When he thought about the recent corporate sponsorship proposal he received, the  pink sausage tasted like a Wagyu steak.  His food tasted better. Ahn-jaehyun's spoon and chopsticks started to move vigorously.

‘Huh?’

Before he knew it, Ahn-jaehyun had let go of his spoon.

‘It's finally happened!’

Ahn-jaehyun had moved past the 80% mark of climbing a mountain, and the 90% mark was in sight right in front of him.

2.

After the Hahoe Mask's interview ended, all the 30 great guilds fought each other to be the first one to announce that they were going to participate in the great battle.  It was as if they had been waiting for this opportunity.

“We will only participate in the great battle in stages where the normal Users are suffering.  Aside from those instances, we will leave the rest to the Users. Please think of our actions as maintaining the order.”